There are many hospitals in Nepal. Among them, these are the best Nepal Hospitals. This list includes cheap hospital of Nepal as well. Lets have a look at the top 10 hospitals of Nepal.
Hospitals are basic requirements for living a healthy life in today’s world. And with increasing pollution and change in diet and lifestyle, People are getting more diseases than ever. That means the need for best hospitals in Nepal is also increasing every day. A hospital as per Wikipedia is a health care institution that provides treatment to diseases with specialized and trained medical staffs and equipment. It has emergency department for treating extreme cases like of heart attack, fire and road accidents.
Hospital in a basic requirement but it is really unfortunate when people don’t get this basic need. In Nepal as well there are many places without hospitals. It has caused untimely death of many people. This situation specially prevails in remote areas of Nepal. In absence of hospitals People die of even the smallest disease. And the situation is even bad when there are hospitals but no doctors. Doctors don’t want to go and work in remote area. This has cost many People their lives. And in many places the scenario is such that even if there are hospitals there are so poorly equipped that it is of no use.
In the most developed cities as well sometime hospitals are very poorly equipped. People often travel abroad for better treatment major destinations being India, USA, Thailand and so on. Still there are many diseases that can’t be treated in Hospitals here but we can’t deny the fact we have developed a lot in the few past year. There are many good and well equipped hospitals. Today in the article we are making list of those hospitals:
Norvic international Hospital
Norvic Hospital is leading medical specialty center in Thapathali, Kathmandu.The hospital is established and run by the leading business house of Nepal Chaudhary Group.It is a very well equipped hospital with 150 beds and dedicated team of doctors, nurses and managers. The hospital was established in 1994 and since then has maintained good reputation. It is first hospital in Nepal to receive NABL accreditation because of its high tech laboratory services. They are ISO 9001:2015 standards certified hospital.
Norvic Hospital aims to world class health care facility to patients in affordable cost. They are about to lunch a mobile app very soon to facilitate their patients in inquiry, making appointments and so on.
Norvic International Hospital is the 1st private hospital in Nepal to introduce the Cardiac Catheterization Lab in the country. It was established in 1994 by chaudhary group. The hospital operates 200 beds and remains a full-service community health-care facility. It is designated as an International Hospital. They have a highly skilled staff of affiliated physicians, full-time and part-time professional health care staff, and active volunteers. Our staff benefit from our commitment to quality, continuous learning, cross training, skills development, fun events and activities, flexibility, balance, leadership and a sense of community. It is one of the top hospital of Nepal, which is established in order to provide better health facilities to the people .
Nepal Mediciti Hospital
Spread over area of 15 acres and with more than 700 beds Nepal. Mediciti is the biggest private hospital in Nepal. It is private hospital in Bhaisepati, Lalitpur started with three major mottos : Affordability, Accessibility and Advanced Medicine Personalized care. They aim to become not only the best hospital in Nepal but South Asia. It has adopted many technology that are new in Nepal. The most unique thing about these hospital is that it has adopted one institution one doctor principles.
Other than this it is the most well equipped hospital in Nepal. It has 3T MRI,CT Scan : Siemens Somatom Definition Edge 128 slice,ECMO : Sorin’s SCP ( Italy) Fifth generation modular heart lung machine. The hospital offers all kinds of surgeries that were previously not available in Nepal. From my past experience as well Nepal mediciti is one stop solution in health care. It has got very good environment and team of nurses and doctors. At similar fee like other hospitals it offers better service and care. The environment is also quite good and as soon as you enter the premises you can see the good infrastructure.
The hospital with first EICU, first helipad in Nepal Vayodha is one of the best hospitals for critical care in Nepal. They are renowned for their heart care and in treating critical cases.It was started in Nepal with vision of cure with care. The term Vayodha means good health in Sanskrit and that is the ultimate motto of vayodha hospitals. Situated at in the major orbit of ring road Kathmandu in Balkhu, it is a multi-specialty hospital that offers wide range of care from primary to treating critical cases.
It aims to become national leader in health care. It initially created buzz with its helipad but Vayodha Hospital has more than just that. The hospital has dedicated team of qualified and trained doctors and health professional who always work hard to maintain the hospital’s core values. The hospital is very well equipped and facilitated. From location point of view as well it is very convenient.
Kathmandu Model Hospital
Kathmandu Model Hospital is one of the oldest hospital in Nepal. It is a 18 bed hospital in Putalisadak, Kathmandu founded in 1993. But the hospital has expanded and now has capacity of 100 beds. It is community hospital dedicated solely in service providing. It operates and works in accordance with PHECT. With the belief that service should be patient centered, KMH operates with full dignity. And it is quite affordable than the hospitals listed in the article. The hospital follows the principle of removing human sufferings not just curing diseases and to help those who can’t afford for medical care. The hospital drives with motto that health care should be accessible to everyone, rich or poor.
When we talk about hospitals there is no way we forget Bir Hospital, the oldest hospital in Nepal. I don’t think there is anyone who hasn’t heard of Bir hospital. Bir Hospital is government owned hospital solely focused on delivering health care. But in recent years the condition of Bir hospitals has been deteriorating. With many private hospitals with better facilities Bir hospital could not cop up with it. The infrastructure and equipment were so poorly built that people stopped going to Bir Hospital. Only those who can’t afford other hospitals stared going to Br Hospital because of its cheaper fees being government hospital.
But today the scenario is different, Multiple efforts have been made to improve the situation of Bir hospital. Now with better facility and services Bir Hospital is again maintaining its reputation. People have again started trusting and visiting the hospital. The government and many INGOs and NGOs started working for Bir hospital. So now the condition has improvised.
There is now systematic ticket counter, well equipped labs and well-built infrastructures. The establishment of Trauma center will add another asset to it. By the end of 2020 Bir hospital is to add 100 beds to existing 550 beds. Likewise, Surgical block construction is going on rapidly. We can be more hopeful about the future of Bir Hospital in future.
Bir hospital is one of the oldest hospital in Nepal. It is an non-profit organization or we can say it is government owned hospital. It was established on July 1889 by Bir Shamsher in order to provide the health facilities to the people. It is located in the center of Kathmandu near RNAC. It is also called NAMS(National academy of medical sciences). The hospital provides the medical and surgical treatment having current capacity of 535 beds. It is one of cheap and the service oriented hospitals of Nepal.
We have also listed other hospitals that are committed in providing exceptional services to Nepalese community.
Grande hospital lies in Dhapasi, Kathmandu. Each and every operation, activities are performed in international techniques. It even have heart transplant facilities, which is rare in Nepal. Some of the doctors are imported from foreign too. This is one of the best hospital with each and every facilities of health cure. The main slogan of hospital is we care to cure.
Om hospital is also known as Om nursing home providing world class health care service at affordable cost. It is an ISO 9001:2008 certified Hospital. They have total 150 beds including Suite & Deluxe and the expertise of over 50 accredited medical professionals in a wide range of specialist field thus bringing quality, integrated healthcare to patient. It lies at Chabil, near Bagmati riverside.
Teaching hospital is one of the community hospitals i.e. some share by government and some by individual. It is one of the non-profitable organization. It was established in 1984. It has 444 beds in service. It is located in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. It is one of the cheapest hospital in compare to the private hospital and little expensive in compare to different government hospitals. Teaching Hospital also does whole body check up in Nepal.
Sahid Gangalaal Hospital
Sahid Gangalaal is a hospital which provides cardiac care, diagnostic and treatment procedures in Kathmandu, Nepal. It is one of the cheapest hospital for heart surgery and one of the service oriented hospital of Nepal.
Neuro hospital is one of the hospital related to neurology and neurosurgery. It lies in Basbari , Kathmandu, Nepal. It is one of the best hospital for Neurology and surgery. Dr. Upendra Devkota is the founder of This hospital. As well as he is the main and only doctor to do neurosurgery in the hospital.
Parkland hospital lies in the the Singha chowk, Pokhara. It provides excellent and qualitative medical care to its patient. It focuses on offering a wide range of consistently high quality and up-to-date medical services that allows us to improve the health of the communities. They serve with compassion and sensitivity of the needs of of patients and their families. It tries to minimize the cost and provide better facilities for their patients.
B.P Koirala Memorial cancer hospital
It is the non profitable hospital as well as hospital to cure cancer which is located in Bharatpur, chitwan.it is one of the very few specialized hospital outside the Kathmandu valley. It was founded in 29 december,1994. It is one of national cancer institute in Nepal entrusted with the responsibilities for diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, prevention and research in cancer in Nepal.
Kanti children’s hospital
Kanti children’s hospital is the hospital established for children. It is located in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. It was established in in 1963 with the support of USSR government. It has the capacity of 350 beds. The hospitals treats or cure only children from all over the country or from other hospitals. It is also one of the non profitable hospitals of Nepal.
Other 10 Hospitals in Nepal
Hospitals are the health care institutions that provide treatment and healthcare services to the patients with maladies by using specialised medical equipment and procedures by the skilful health care staffs. Hospitals may either be general ones or specialised in any certain categories like rehabilitation hospitals, children’s hospitals, geriatric hospitals, trauma hospitals, etc.
The support units of hospital include a pharmacy, pathology, radiology, etc. There are many hospitals in Nepal as well to deliver health care services to the public. Among them, some are the Nepal hospitals which provide excellent quality of health care to the people and thus are popular among them. Some of these hospitals are listed below.
- Bir Hospital: It is the first hospital of Nepal established in 1889. It is located in the centre of Kathmandu. Currently, it has a capacity of 535 beds and is one of the busiest hospitals in Nepal. It provides all medical and surgical treatments. It is the first government-owned Nepal hospitals providing service to the public.
- Dhulikhel Hospital: Dhulikhel Hospital lies in Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchowk, about 30 km northeast of the capital, Kathmandu. It was established in 1996 and is a not for profit, non-governmental health institution. It provides cost-effective health services to the patients. The hospital services are unique to other Nepal hospitals which include emergency, surgery, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, psychiatry, physiotherapy, dermatology, ophthalmology, dental, ENT, orthopaedics and traumatology, forensics and medical toxicology, laboratory services, diagnostic services and pharmacy.
- Shahid Gangalal National Heart Centre: It was founded in 1995 and was named after the martyr of Nepal, Gangalal Shrestha. This is the first cardiac tertiary centre in Nepal and provides specialised health services in the field of Cardiology (non-invasive cardiology and interventional cardiology) and cardiac surgery (Coronary revascularization, valve surgery, congenital heart repair and aortic aneurysm repair).
- Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital: It was established in 1983. It is the largest hospital in Nepal and provides tertiary level health care to the general public. With TUTH, the evolution in medical education had embarked. It consists of the largest number of medical specialities with 22 departments. The medical services provided to the people range from basic medical and surgical problems to open heart surgery and kidney transplant. Teaching hospital is also regarded as the best hospitals among other Nepal hospitals.
- P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital (BPKMCH): It is a non-profit hospital located in Chitwan, Nepal. It is one of the few specialised hospitals present outside Kathmandu Valley. It was founded in December 1994. It is the national cancer institute of Nepal that deals with prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and research of cancer. There are different departments to provide these services to the patients like medical and oncology department, in the patient ward, chemotherapy services, surgical oncology, radiological oncology, pathology department, laboratory department, etc.
- Kathmandu Medical College Teaching Hospital (KMCTH): Established in 1997, it is situated in Sinamangal and is easily accessible as it is near the airport of Nepal. It consists of 900 beds. It provides 24-hour emergency services, pathology services and X-ray services. There are various other diagnostic services available. Fully equipped ICU, NICU, PICU and CCU are available.
- Kanti Children’s Hospital: It is a specialised paediatric hospital established in 1963 and located in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. It has a capacity of 350 beds. It deals with all kinds of health problems related to children. Special wards are available for specific cases like burn ward, oncology ward, cardiac ward, PICU, NICU, SICU, NIMCU and postoperative ward.
- Mental Hospital Lagankhel: Since mental health is highly overlooked and neglected in the context of Nepal, mental health services was unknown until 1961 AD. Mental Hospital Lagankhel was established in 1985 as a result of shifting of psychiatry department from Bir Hospital. It provides mental health services for the optimum mental health in the general people.
- Nepal Orthopedic Hospital: It was established in 1998 with the aim of providing best quality services regarding orthopaedic services at an affordable price so that everyone can access it. With different updated equipment and medical team, it has been providing best orthopaedic services to the people at present.
- Tilganga Eye Hospital: It is the hospital which is highly recognised for its services in ophthalmic problems, established in 1994 with the main aim to prevent and control blindness in Nepal. It is located in Gaushala, Kathmandu. It provides specialised ophthalmic services through its different departments. It works in collaboration with all other eye care centres and organisations of Nepal.