There are many hospitals in Nepal. Among them, these are the best Nepal Hospitals. This list includes a cheap hospital in Nepal as well. Let’s have a look at the top 10 hospitals in Nepal.
Table of Contents
Hospitals are basic requirements for living a healthy life in today’s world. And with increasing pollution and changes in diet and lifestyle, People are getting more diseases than ever. That means the need for the best hospitals in Nepal is also growing daily. A hospital, as per Wikipedia, is a healthcare institution that provides treatment for diseases with specialized and trained medical staff and equipment. It has an emergency department for treating extreme cases like heart attacks, fire, and road accidents.
Hospital is a basic requirement, but it is unfortunate when people don’t get this basic need. In Nepal, there are many places without hospitals. It has caused the untimely death of many people. This situation especially prevails in remote areas of Nepal. In the absence of hospitals, People die of even the smallest disease. And the situation is even worse when there are hospitals but no doctors. Doctors don’t want to go and work in a remote area. This has cost many people their lives. In many places, the scenario is such that even if there are hospitals, they are so poorly equipped that it is of no use.
In the most developed cities as well, sometimes hospitals are very poorly equipped. People often travel abroad for better treatment, with significant destinations being India, the USA, Thailand, etc. Still, many diseases can’t be treated in Hospitals here, but we can’t deny that we have developed a lot in the past few years. There are many excellent and well-equipped hospitals. Today in the article, we are making a list of those hospitals:
Norvic International Hospital
Norvic Hospital is located in Thapathali, Kathmandu. The hospital is established and run by the leading business house of Nepal Chaudhary Group. Norvic is a well-equipped hospital with 150 beds and a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, and managers. The hospital was established in 1994 and has maintained a good reputation. It is the first hospital in Nepal to receive NABL accreditation because of its high-tech laboratory services. They are ISO 9001:2015 standards-certified hospitals.
Norvic Hospital aims to be a world-class healthcare facility for patients at an affordable cost. They are about to launch a mobile app very soon to facilitate their patients in inquiry, making appointments, etc.
Norvic International Hospital is the 1st private hospital in Nepal to introduce the Cardiac Catheterization Lab in the country. It was established in 1994 by the Chaudhary Group. The hospital operates 200 beds and remains a full-service community healthcare facility. They have a highly skilled staff of affiliated physicians, full-time and part-time professional healthcare staff, and active volunteers.
Address: Thapathali, Kathmandu
Telephone Number: +977 1-5970032
Emergency Number: 01-5911623
Nepal Mediciti Hospital
Spread over an area of 15 acres with more than 700 beds in Nepal. Mediciti is the biggest private hospital in Nepal. It is a private hospital in Bhaisepati, Lalitpur, started with three significant mottos: Affordability, Accessibility, and Advanced Medicine Personalized care. They aim to become the best hospitals in Nepal and South Asia. It has adopted much technology that is new in Nepal. The unique thing about this hospital is that it has adopted one institution, one doctor’s principles.
Other than this, it is the most well-equipped hospital in Nepal. It has 3T MRI, CT Scan: Siemens Somatom Definition Edge 128 slice, ECMO: Sorin’s SCP ( Italy) Fifth generation modular heart-lung machine. The hospital offers all kinds of surgeries previously unavailable in Nepal. From my experience, Nepal Mediciti is a one-stop healthcare solution. It has got a perfect environment and a team of nurses and doctors. At similar fees to other hospitals, it offers better service and care. The environment is also quite good, and you can see the excellent infrastructure as soon as you enter the premises.
Address: Bhaisepati Lalitpur, Nepal
Telephone Number: +977-1-4217766 / +977-981-0136491
The hospital with the first EICU, the first helipad in Nepal Vayodha, is one of the best hospitals for critical care in Nepal. They are renowned for their heart care and for treating essential cases. It was started in Nepal with the vision of curing with care. Vayodha means good health in Sanskrit, which is the ultimate motto of Vayodha hospitals. Situated in the significant orbit of Ring Road Kathmandu in Balkhu, it is a multi-specialty hospital that offers a wide range of care from primary to critical cases.
It aims to become a national leader in health care. It’s helipad initially created a buzz, but Vayodha Hospital has more than just that. The hospital has a dedicated team of qualified, trained doctors and health professionals who always work hard to maintain the hospital’s core values. The hospital is very well equipped and facilitated. From a location point of view as well, it is very convenient.
Address: Balkhu, Kathmandu
Telephone Number: +977-1-4281666
Emergency Number: +977-1-4288404
Kathmandu Model Hospital
Kathmandu Model Hospital is one of the oldest hospitals in Nepal. It is an 18-bed hospital in Putalisadak, Kathmandu, founded in 1993. But the hospital has expanded and now has a capacity of 100 beds. It is a community hospital dedicated solely to service provision. It operates and works by PHECT. With the belief that service should be patient-centered, KMH operates with full dignity. And it is quite affordable than the hospitals listed in the article. The hospital follows the principle of removing human suffering, not just curing diseases and helping those who can’t afford medical care. The hospital drives with the motto that health care should be accessible to everyone, rich or poor.
Address: Pradarsani Marg, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone Number: 977-1-4240805, 4240806
When we talk about hospitals, there is no way we forget Bir Hospital, the oldest hospital in Nepal. I don’t think there is anyone who hasn’t heard of Bir Hospital. Bir Hospital is a government-owned hospital solely focused on delivering health care. But in recent years, the condition of Bir hospitals has been deteriorating. With many private hospitals with better facilities, Bir Hospital could not cope with it. The infrastructure and equipment were so poorly built that people stopped going to Bir Hospital. Only those who couldn’t afford other hospitals started going to Br Hospital because of its cheaper fees being a government hospital.
But today, the scenario is different; multiple efforts have been made to improve the situation of Bir Hospital. With better facilities and services, Bir Hospital is again maintaining its reputation. People have again started trusting and visiting the hospital. The government and many INGOs and NGOs started working for Bir Hospital. So now the condition has improvised.
There is now a systematic ticket counter, well-equipped labs, and well-built infrastructures. The establishment of a Trauma center will add another asset to it. By the end of 2020, Bir Hospital will add 100 beds to the existing 550 beds. Likewise, Surgical block construction is going on rapidly. We can be more hopeful about the future of Bir Hospital in the future.
Bir Hospital is one of the oldest hospitals in Nepal. It is a non-profit organization, or we can say it is a government-owned hospital. It was established in July 1889 by Bir Shamsher to provide people with health facilities. It is located in the center of Kathmandu near RNAC. It is also called NAMS (National Academy of Medical Sciences). The hospital provides medical and surgical treatment with a capacity of 535 beds. It is one of the cheap and service-oriented hospitals in Nepal.
Address: Kanti Path, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Telephone Number: +977 1-4221119
We have also listed other hospitals that are committed to providing exceptional services to the Nepalese community.
Grande hospital lies in Dhapasi, Kathmandu. Each and every operation and activity are performed with international techniques. It even has heart transplant facilities, which is rare in Nepal. Some of the doctors are imported from foreign too. This is one of the best hospitals with each and every facility for a health cure. The main slogan of the hospital is we care to cure.
Address: Dhapasi, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone Number: +977-1-5159266 / +977-1-5159267 / +977 9801202550
Om Hospital, also known as Om Nursing Home, provides world-class healthcare services at an affordable cost. It is an ISO 9001:2015 certified Hospital. They have 150 beds, including Suite and deluxe, and the expertise of over 100 accredited medical professionals in a wide range of specialist fields with more than 500 staff, thus bringing quality, integrated healthcare to patients. It lies at Chabahil, near the Bagmati riverside. Providing services like CT Scan, MRI, Digital Mammography, Digital Endoscopy Polysomnography, Laparoscopic Surgery.
Address: Chabahil, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone Number: 01-4576225
Emergency Number: 9802076226
The teaching hospital is one of the community hospitals, i.e., some are shared by the government and some by individuals. It is one of the non-profitable organizations. It was established in 1984. It has 444 beds in service. It is located in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. It is one of the cheapest hospitals compared to the private hospital and a little expensive compared to different government hospitals. Teaching Hospital also does whole body check-ups in Nepal.
Address: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu
Telephone Number: ++977 1 441 2505. +977 1 441 2707. +977 1 441 2808
Sahid Gangalaal Hospital
Sahid Gangalaal is a hospital that provides cardiac care, diagnostic and treatment procedures in Kathmandu, Nepal. It is one of the cheapest hospitals for heart surgery and one of the service-oriented hospitals in Nepal.
Address: Bansbari, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone Number: 01-4371322 01-4371374 01-4370622
Neuro hospital is one of the hospitals related to neurology and neurosurgery. It lies in Basbari, Kathmandu, Nepal. It is one of the best hospitals for Neurology and surgery. Dr. Upendra Devkota is the founder of This hospital and is the leading and only doctor to do neurosurgery in the hospital.
Address: Bansbari, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone Number: +977-1-4373850, +977-1-4379010
Emergency Number: +977-01- 4373850
Parkland hospital lies in Singha chowk, Pokhara. It provides excellent and qualitative medical care to its patient. It focuses on offering a wide range of consistently high-quality and up-to-date medical services that allow us to improve the health of the communities. They serve with compassion and sensitivity to the needs of patients and their families. It tries to minimize the cost and provide better facilities for its patients.
Address: Amar sing Chowk 10, Pokhara,Nepal
Telephone Number: 061-431380
B.P Koirala Memorial cancer hospital
It is a non-profit hospital as well as a hospital to cure cancer which is located in Bharatpur, Chitwan. It is one of the very few specialized hospitals outside the Kathmandu valley. It was founded on 29 December 1994. It is one of the national cancer institutes in Nepal entrusted with the responsibility for the diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, prevention, and research of cancer in Nepal.
Address: Bharatpur-7, Chitwan
Telephone Number: 056-524501
Kanti children’s hospital
Kanti children’s hospital is a hospital established for children. It is located in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. It was established in 1963 with the support of the USSR government. It has a capacity of 350 beds. The hospitals treat or cure only children from all over the country or other hospitals. It is also one of the non-profitable hospitals in Nepal.
Address: Maharjgunj,Kathmandu Nepal
Telephone Number: 01-4411550/4413398
Other 10 Hospitals in Nepal
Hospitals are healthcare institutions that provide treatment and healthcare services to patients with disorders by using specialized medical equipment and procedures by skillful healthcare staff. Hospitals may be general ones or specialized in certain categories like rehabilitation, children’s, geriatric, trauma, etc.
The support units of the hospital include a pharmacy, pathology, radiology, etc. There are many hospitals in Nepal to deliver healthcare services to the public. Among them, some are the Nepal hospitals that provide excellent quality health care to the people and thus are popular among them. Some of these hospitals are listed below.
- Dhulikhel Hospital: Dhulikhel Hospital lies in Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchowk, about 30 km northeast of the capital, Kathmandu. It was established in 1996 and is a not-for-profit, non-governmental health institution. It provides cost-effective health services to patients. The hospital services are unique to other Nepal hospitals, which include emergency, surgery, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, psychiatry, physiotherapy, dermatology, ophthalmology, dental, ENT, orthopedics and traumatology, forensics and medical toxicology, laboratory services, diagnostic services, and pharmacy.
- Shahid Gangalal National Heart Centre: It was founded in 1995 and was named after the martyr of Nepal, Gangalal Shrestha. This is the first cardiac tertiary center in Nepal and provides specialized health services in Cardiology (non-invasive cardiology and interventional cardiology) and cardiac surgery (Coronary revascularization, valve surgery, congenital heart repair, and aortic aneurysm repair).
- Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital: It was established in 1983. It is the largest hospital in Nepal and provides tertiary-level health care to the general public. With TUTH, the evolution of medical education had embarked. It consists of the largest number of medical specialties with 22 departments. The medical services provided to the people range from fundamental medical and surgical problems to open heart surgery and kidney transplant. The teaching hospital is also regarded as the best hospital among other Nepal hospitals.
- P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital (BPKMCH): It is a non-profit hospital in Chitwan, Nepal. It is one of the few specialized hospitals present outside Kathmandu Valley. It was founded in December 1994. It is the national cancer institute of Nepal that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and research of cancer. There are different departments to provide these services to the patients, like the medical and oncology department, the patient ward, chemotherapy services, surgical oncology, radiological oncology, pathology department, laboratory department, etc.
- Kathmandu Medical College Teaching Hospital (KMCTH): Established in 1997, it is situated in Sinamangal and is easily accessible near the airport of Nepal. It consists of 900 beds. It provides 24-hour emergency services, pathology services, and X-ray services. There are various other diagnostic services available. Fully equipped ICU, NICU, PICU, and CCU are available.
- Kanti Children’s Hospital: It is a specialized pediatric hospital established in 1963 and located in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. It has a capacity of 350 beds. It deals with all kinds of health problems related to children. Special wards are available for specific cases, like the burn, oncology, cardiac, PICU, NICU, SICU, NIMCU, and postoperative ward.
- Mental Hospital Lagankhel: Since mental health is highly overlooked and neglected in the context of Nepal, mental health services were unknown until 1961 AD. Mental Hospital Lagankhel was established in 1985 due to shifting the psychiatry department from Bir Hospital. It provides mental health services for optimum mental health in the general people.
- Nepal Orthopedic Hospital: It was established in 1998 with the aim of providing the best quality services regarding orthopedic services at an affordable price so that everyone can access them. With different updated equipment and medical team, it has been providing the best orthopedic services to the people at present.
- Tilganga Eye Hospital: It is a hospital that is highly recognized for its services in ophthalmic problems, established in 1994 with the main aim of preventing and controlling blindness in Nepal. It is located in Gaushala, Kathmandu. It provides specialized ophthalmic services through its different departments. It collaborates with all other eye care centers and organizations in Nepal.