After you complete your intermediate level of education, many options lie ahead of you in the educational field. Many might be in a dilemma as to which field they should choose for their career and future. There are many courses of the Bachelor level available for you. If you want to make a difference in the life of others and want to uplift the life of people and bring out the best in a community, then BSW in Nepal (Bachelor in Social Works in Nepal) is one of the courses you can opt for.
The environment that we live in is not constant. It changes every day. These constant changes in the domestic and international environment directly affect the children, families and communities belonging to different socio-economic conditions. Thus, it also creates a demand for professionals in the social work field. It is also said that the demand for social workers is said to increase to about 22% in this decade. A degree in Social Work in Nepal provides you with the skills necessary to create a difference in the lives of others, be the voice of the voiceless and be a leader in your field. It gives you a sense of purpose, a range of career options in the future and the knowledge that helps you to make a positive impact in the world.
Table of Contents
Scope of BSW in Nepal
BSW refers to Bachelor in Social Work. The social work course is a multidisciplinary course that draws the theoretical concepts from different social sciences and focuses on the holistic practice approach by keeping social work values and principles at its core. BSW in Nepal prepares students for entry-level social work and advanced study in social work and other disciplines. In recent times, BSW as a course has increased in demand in Nepal and the world. This is also because of the increasing number of different organisations for uplifting the life of the people and the country.
BSW has been gaining popularity in Nepal as well. It is the course provided in all the reputed universities of Nepal. The course’s duration is 36 months, and it is offered by the universities like Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, Pokhara University and Purbanchal University. In Nepal, the course of BSW mainly focuses on the individual and social problems that arise due to different kinds of violence, abuses, job difficulties, political and developmental issues and much more. During the BSW program, fieldwork is an essential and integral part. A minimum of 10-15 hours of fieldwork per week is compulsorily included in the course. The fieldwork supervisors supervise and guide the students in the fieldwork. The students also get to have an experience in Report Writing, research projects, presentations, Individual Conferences, Group Conferences, Neighborhood Camps, Rural camps, Urban camps, Block Placement and so on.
Eligibility for BSW in Nepal
To be eligible to apply for BSW in Nepal, one should have completed +2 or intermediate or PCL level from a recognised institute with a minimum of 45% marks. The Office of Controller of Examination conducts the final examination of BSW.
Cost to Study BSW in Nepal
The average cost of the BSW course in Nepal is about 4-7 lakhs NRs. It may differ in different institutes. Most colleges providing BSW courses in Nepal are in the Kathmandu Valley.
BSW Colleges in Nepal
The list of colleges providing BSW courses in Nepal is as follows.
- GoldenGate International College | Old Baneshwor, Battisputali, Kathmandu
- Nasa International College | Tinkune, Kathmandu
- Newton International College | Siphal, Kathmandu
- Sarovar College | Kalanki, Kathmandu
- Thames International College | Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Premier College | Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Times International College | Dillibazar Kathmandu
- Columbus Higher Secondary School | New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Texas International College | Mitrapark, Chabahil, Kathmandu
- Nepal Mega College | Babarmahal, Kathmandu
- Lincoln College | Samakhusi, Kathmandu
- Trinity International College | DIllibazar, Kathmandu
- Milton International College | New Baneswor, Kathmandu
- Classic College International | Tilganga, Kathmandu
- Himalaya College | Koteshwor, Kathmandu
- Cambridge International College | Kalanki, Kathmandu
- Kanti and Kunja International College | New Baneshwor Kathmandu
- Kathmandu BernHardt College | Bafal, Kathmandu
- Triton International College | Tinkune, Kathmandu
- Kamana International College | Banasthali, Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha College for Higher Studies | Dillibazar, Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Model College | Balkumari, Lalitpur
- Campion College | Kupondole, Lalitpur
- Dibyabhumi Multiple College | Hanumansthan, Kupondole, Lalitpur
- Bright Vision College | Satdobato, Tutepani, Lalitpur
- Bright Vision College | Satdobato, Lalitpur
- Dibyabhumi Multiple College | Kupondole, Lalitpur
- Nesfield International College |Gyan Griha, Batukbhairabsthan Lagankhel, Lalitpur
- Patan Multiple Campus | Patan Dhoka, Lalitpur
- Samriddhi College | Lokanthali-16, Bhaktapur
- Khwopa College | Dekocha-5, Bhaktapur
- Brightland College | Surkhet Road, Nepalgunj
- Millenium International College | Balmandir Road, Bharatpur-10, Chitwan