Share market in Nepal has gained quite popularity in recent years. Many people now have made share market their primary place for investment. Share market in itself is a risky market but is profitable as well. The benefits of applying for shares is definitely good but all the tedious works from staying in queue all day to rushing for meeting deadlines makes it more inconvenient. But nowadays when every transaction is being digital, buying and selling shares is also possible online. Since, CDS and clearing has launched Centralized Application for ASBA based issuance (C-ASBA) system, investors can now apply share online from your home. C-ASBA is now compulsory for all IPO, FPO, Rights and bonus share application. With the introduction of C-ASBA investment process has become more simpler and convenient. It is all done under the regulation of Nepal Rastra Bank by NEPSE.
The feature of C-ASBA is that the amount applied will be blocked in the investors bank account until share allotment or result is published this will prevent loss of money. This is the complete process which describes the way you can apply Share (IPO) online in Nepal. In this article today we will list brief procedure of applying for C-ASBA in Nepal as:
- Just like other system of applying shares, you need to create a DMAT Account. Visit the nearest bank or any other authorized institution. You will require: a copy of your citizenship, MRP sized photo, identification document, bank account number and details of your family ; three generations. Just follow the instruction of your bank and fill up the form.
- For further procedure you need a C-ASBA Registration Number(CRN). You will get your CRN number from the bank where you have your DMAT account. Fill up the form and apply for the number. You will get it within a day.
- With your CRN number now you are free to apply for any shares online. Mero share is an reliable source, make a Mero Share account. Visit the mero share web portal. Fill up your form as per instruction and make sure to enter the right CRN number. With that account you are a step closer to buying shares online. The annual service charge for Mero share is Rs 50.
- Once your account is created you need to login to Mero share. Visit Mero Share web portal of CDSC: https://meroshare.cdsc.com.np/ and login with your login ID and password.
- After log in you can choose any shares be it IPO, FPO ,Right shares and even bonus shares. Just fill up your desired form.
This is the way you can fill the share online for all the IPO / FPO, right/ bonus shares. Just get a meroshare account and invest your saving in shares easily.
Many of us even avoid applying for shares because of all the inconvenience associated with it. But after implementation of C-ASBA, applying for shares is less tedious and much easier. With this new system the number of investors will definitely increase which will eventually help economic growth of Nation.
How to apply DMAT account?
Just like other system of applying shares, you need to create a DMAT Account. Visit the nearest bank or any other authorized institution. You will require: a copy of your citizenship, MRP sized photo, identification document, bank account number and details of your family ; three generations. Just follow the instruction of your bank and fill up the form.