- 1 Chinese Government Scholarship scheme
- 2 CHINA/UNESCO the great wall fellowship scheme
- 3 Distinguished International Students Scholarship Scheme
- 4 HSK Winner Scholarship Scheme
- 5 Chinese Culture Research Fellowship Scheme
- 6 Short-term Scholarship Scheme for Foreign Teachers of Chinese Language
- 7 Application procedure for the Chinese government
- 8 Selection procedures
Chinese government with a vision to develop mutual cooperation and understanding between people of China and the Nepalese people has been providing the scholarship schemes to the Nepalese students for their higher study in Chinese Universities and Institutions. The Ministry of Education of China has appointed China Scholarship council who is fully responsible for the selection of Nepalese students for scholarship and for the management of Chinese government scholarship. Nepalese students can get enrolled in any one of the 88 Universities as designated by Ministry of education of China. One can get a scholarship for the different subjects like science, technology, agronomy, medicine, economics, laws, management, education, history, liberal arts and philosophy available in these institutions. The government of China has been providing a scholarship to international students under different schemes. Some of them are described here in brief:
Chinese Government Scholarship scheme
This scholarship scheme was established by the Ministry of China with a motive to exchange education between China and any other countries. Under this scheme, one can get a full or partial scholarship for undergraduates and postgraduates level. Please visit the Chinese diplomat mission for more information.
CHINA/UNESCO the great wall fellowship scheme
Under this scheme, the government of China provides a full scholarship to the selected candidates by UNESCO. Only general scholars and seniors scholars are eligible for this scholarship. You have to visit the UNESCO office or any UNESCO committee in your home country for more details.
Distinguished International Students Scholarship Scheme
Any international students who have completed their study period in China and have an outstanding result then, they can apply for this scholarship scheme if they want to further continue their study in China. They will be provided with a full or partial scholarship. For this, please contact the China Scholarship council with the recommendations from your institutions.
HSK Winner Scholarship Scheme
This scholarship is provided to the candidate who has given an outstanding performance in the HSK test, a Chinese proficiency test. This is full scholarship and for this, you have to contact the Chinese Scholarship Council.
Chinese Culture Research Fellowship Scheme
This is a short term scholarship provided to overseas scholars who want to conduct research in Chinese culture.
Short-term Scholarship Scheme for Foreign Teachers of Chinese Language
For foreign teachers who have been teaching the Chinese language, the government of China provides a scholarship to them to improve their Chinese and teaching skills.
The full scholarship provided by the government of China includes tuition fee, emergency medical care, general learning materials, accommodation, living allowance, and a once only settlement subsidy and a once only inter-city travel allowance.
Application procedure for the Chinese government
- Normally, the scholarship scheme is opened in January to April.
- Candidates must meet the basic criteria as per application to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates must fill the application with the correct detail required along with documents like photocopies of diplomas, transcripts, study plan, health certificate and recommendation letters.
- Those who apply for the Chinese Government scholarship scheme must select anyone from the 88 institutions as designated by the ministry of education of China. For more information, please visit the site csc.edu.cn.
- Teaching methods are generally in Chinese. Those who don’t know Chinese will have to take 1-2 years of Chinese language course before the enrolment of class. However, some postgraduates and research courses are available in English.
All the application received is reviewed by the Chinese Scholarship Council. Any violation or unmatched application will be cancelled out. Those selected and eligible will be forwarded to the respective institutions. The institutions will select the candidates and forward their name to CSC. Finally, after the approval from the Ministry of Education of China, the selected candidate names will be given notice through the embassies of China in their home countries.