Amazon is the largest internet retailing platform in the world in terms of revenue and market coverage. It also ranks second in terms of sales after Alibaba group. The status of Amazon can now can be measured by its availability in many countries. Amazon shopping from Nepal is very difficult.
Nepal has the problem of payment system. Nepalese can’t make payment in USD. So, multinational companies like PayPal, Amazon, AliPay are still not in the Nepali market. Nepalese are still indeed required to do shopping in commercial complexes in Nepal. They are out of reach with online shopping world.
History of Amazon Shopping
The platform started as online book store and later expanded to sell video downloads, MP3 downloads, software, video games, electronics, furniture and so on. Coming to present day there is nothing that can’t be found in Amazon from groceries to extreme high end products. Now, the company also produces electronics like Kindle E-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV and Echo. You can continue reading for Amazon shopping in Nepal.
How to use Amazon in Nepal
Amazon is now available in many country but still not in Nepal. We often end up liking a product in Amazon but we can’t buy them. There are some platforms that help you with your Amazon shopping in Nepal from Amazon and I am briefing a convenient way to do Amazon shopping in Nepal.
Using Iwishbag.com for Amazon Shopping
It is one of the platform that provides online Amazon shopping in Nepal service.Here is the link to their website: https://www.iwishbag.com/ and steps for buying your product:
- From the given web address enter the website of iwishbag. Click on register button on the top page. Fill in your details and create account in iwishbag. Now login with your new account.
- Now visit the website of amazon.com or amazon.in. Choose any product you wish to buy. Select on the product that you are sure to buy. Then the other step is to copy the link. Copy the link on your address bar of your desired product. You don’t require an account to choose a product from amazon.
- Now visit the iwishbag website and login with your account. On the home page you will see box for pasting your link. Paste the amazon link you copied earlier in the box, then click on create order button.
- This step will confirm your order request. Iwishbag will send you email within 48 hours. This mail will ask for your confirmation and will enlist total price you need to pay and the estimated time for delivery. The price will definitely be higher as it includes tax and the service charge for iwishbag.
- Choose the option Approve and click on update quote option. It will lead you to a new page.
How to pay for Amazon products from Nepal
Here you can choose your different payment methods. Iwishbag offers various payment methods as following.
- Bank deposit: You can transfer money in iwishbag bank account. You will receive account details and scan the deposit receipt and email to iwishbag after depositing.
- Cash Pickup: You can either call iwishbag to pick money at your convenience but you will have to pay Rs 100 as extra charge.
- Office visit: You can also visit iowishbag office and make your payment directly.
- Paypal: This is for people who have Paypal account. Paypal is not legal in Nepal but you can make payment via friends and family’s account who live abroad.
You will receive an email to confirm safe arrival of product. You will receive invoice with your product and sign the invoice which will confirm the arrival of your product.