Lok Sewa Ayog (Public Service Commission) was established on 15 June 1952 AD (1 Asad 2008 BS). It was established with the objective of appointment of the staffs through an independent and separate body. Since then it has been recruiting the qualified candidates for civil service in Nepal. As per the constitution of Nepal, Lok Sewa Ayog conducts the exam for the selection of Civil Service, Nepal Police, Nepal Army, Armed Police Force as well as other corporations and government bodies of Nepal.
Lok Sewa Ayog is responsible for the following operations:
- Lok Sewa Aayog is responsible for conducting the exam for the selection of the right candidates for the Civil Service in Nepal.
- Lok Sewa Aayog is responsible for conducting written exam for the selection of the right candidates for different government bodies other than Civil Service like Nepal Police, Nepal Army, Armed Police Force and other corporations and services.
- Lok Sewa Aayog is responsible for being a body for advising in the subject of simple principles for different other government bodies like Nepal Police, Nepal Army, Armed Police Force and others in the process of promotions of the officials.
- Lok Sewa Ayog is responsible for being a body for advising in the subject of simple principles for different government bodies about the services associated law, promotion and penalising an official.
- Without Lok Sewa Ayog’s advice and recommendation, an official isn’t subject to the appointment in the permanent position that gets a government sanctioned pension.
Lok Sewa Ayog exam process
Lok Sewa Ayog undergoes following process in fulfilling the vacant posts in different government bodies:
- Written exam
- Practical exam
- Interview and
- PSC’s other examination methods
Lok sewa Ayog result
psc.gov.np is an official website for result publishment of Lok Sewa. We will be providing the full tutorial to check lok sewa result online. If you have any confusion on result check of lok sewa, please use our comment section to ask any kind of questions.
Lok sewa Ayog notice
Each and every notice of Lok sewa will be published on this website. psc.gov.np is an official website which provides official notice of each and every happening at lok sewa. Lok sewa regularly publishes different vacancy notices along with the number of available seats for the position. WapNepal will update each and every notice on the website to reach up to you.
Lok Sewa Ayog (Public Service Commission) prepares annual work schedule. The calendar includes details and time frame for different works. Based on the demand of different concerned bodies, Lok Sewa Ayog determines the numbers of posts be advertised. This is all done by the contemporary practice of the constitution of Nepal, its articles and policies. The determined numbers of vacant posts are advertised on Wednesdays via PSC’s website and Gorkhapatra National Daily. While advertising, Lok Sewa Ayog invites application 21 days before the open selection process starts. With double registration charge, extra seven days gets added. After the advertisement gets published, regional directorate, zonal office and application management centre start collecting online applications. Further, review over application is done and admit cards for the examinees are prepared.
Lok Sewa Ayog board members
The present commission was formed on 2071/12/11. There are seven members of the commission. The name and designations of the officials are as follows.
President Umesh Prasad Mainali
Member Bindra Hada Bhattarai
Member Govinda Prasad Kusum
Member Shreepurus Dhakal
Member Ashok Kumar Jha
Member Brahmadev Raya
Member Krishnachandra Jha
The secretariat helps the commission in regular operations. It helps in implementation of the decisions made by the commission. It monitors, regulates and controls the administrative and financial operations of the commission by the law.
Shree Madhuprasad Regmi
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +977-1-4771513 (office)
Lok Sewa Ayog Contact Details
लोकसेवा आयोग Central Office,
Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: +977-1-4771488, 4771481, 4771494, 4771528
P O Box: 8979 Kathmandu, Nepal
Email: [email protected]