Nepal Internship means job training for a particular profession. It is common in professional fields like medicine, architecture, science, engineering, law, business, account, finance, technology, organisations, etc.
It entails an exchange of services between student and the organisation that helps the student to gain experience for his further career. Interns are usually freshers. They may be college or university students, high school students or postgraduate students.
Internships may be paid or unpaid and are usually temporary. Employment after the completion of an internship is not always guaranteed. This article provides complete information on Nepal internship and different ways to find host organisation for the internship in Nepal. We also have made a list of Nepal internship providing companies.
Internship in Nepal is important
In Nepal, the internship is included as a part of the curriculum in most of the colleges and usually takes place in their final semester. As a fresher who is just starting to seek job opportunities in this competitive time, the internship can prove to be very beneficial as it gives them the experience of their workplace, teaches them the attitude that they should possess in their workplace and how to deal with different situations in their workplace.
In Nepal, education is mostly theoretical. Though there are some hours allocated for projects, a group works, and other practical works, the major part of education is a theory.
An internship helps to bridge this gap between theoretical education and the actual work that they should perform in the workplace. They not only get the required information and experience, but they can also build their interpersonal relationship with the professionals in their field who can be their great guidance.
Internship creates jobs
Internships can create a good impression in CVs also when one is a fresher and starting with their job. Many undergraduate courses in Nepal like BBA, BBA-IS, BPT, BDS, etc. have Nepal internship program included in their curriculum. It helps to prepare them for their workplace.
The duration of typical internship ranges from 1 month to 4 months, but it can be shorter or longer depending on the organisation. Internships may be part-time or full-time. An internship helps to enhance knowledge, skills and experience and also helps you establish an important connection in your respective field.
It makes you more competitive in the job market, and thus there are more chances for an employer to choose you. Some organisation provide job to their interns after evaluating their performance in the work field. Thus it helps to provide you with potential job offers also.
Nepal Internship providers
Some of the internship providers in Nepal are as follows. These Nepal internship providers are the famous and reputed organisation of Nepal.
- Nepal Internship in different banks: Banking and finance industry are attractive to many in Nepal as their career. Different banks like Laxmi Bank, Nepal Investment Bank, Nabil Bank, etc. provide you with internship opportunities. Thus there, you can get an experience of the real working area.
- Nepal Internships in different organisations: Organisations like UNDP internship, WWF internship and jobs, etc. provide internship opportunities to the eligible individuals in Nepal. You have to go to their official websites to check for the availability of internships.
- Internship Nepal: Located in Bishalnagar and established in 2006, it provides internships to the students and professionals from all over the world in Nepal. It helps in the professional personal development of interns. Until now, it has provided internship to more than 800 students from various countries of the world. The internship is provided in programs of journalism/ photojournalism, thesis writing, medical elective, human rights, physiotherapy and nursing.
- Volunteers Initiative Nepal: Located in Balaju, Kathmandu, it is one of the few organisations which have been working to promote a sense of volunteerism in Nepal. It offers different volunteer programs and along with it, also provides internship programs like Community Health Education, Environment and Conservation Education, Health and Medical Internships, International Journalism Internships and Women Empowerment Studies.
- Nepal NGO internship: Through the mountain trust organisation, Nepal NGO internship enables students, graduates and professionals to work with recognised international and local NGOs in Nepal. The placements can be in the field of human rights, law, gender, press freedom, animal rights, transparency, journalism, conflict resolution, youth political engagement, minority rights and other areas.
- IT Training Nepal Pvt Ltd: It provides internship for the students to enter the professional software development industry. It provides internship in various fields like PHP, ASP.NET, Java, etc.
Internship after NEB examination
After complete your Study you need the experience to get a good job so you can make an experience by doing the job after NEB education that helps you to get a good job after completing your graduate-level study.
After neb, you can do an Intern level job which helps you to learn something and you are able to do some works that help you to get a good job in the future. In the Nepal context, students are like to continue their study after higher secondary level but in other country students are doing jobs as well as study.
I just finished off my Secondary Education Exams (SEE) this year. Now I’m looking for an internship on business and marketing strategies. I have been looking up on blogs, articles and all but I don’t know which one to trust. Please help!
Hello Mayub, You just completed SEE this year. Before going through internship programs, you must have enough qualification for the job you are targeting. The best way to enhance your knowledge in business and marketing strategies is to go through forums, blogs and different websites. If you have further queries, please comment over here, our engineers will certainly guide you.
hello i am pursuing BBA In industry integrated in India i want to do internship in Nepal in bank and marketing.
Hi Sanjay, lots of internship positions are available in bank and for marketing. You can go through the daily national newspapers like Annapurna post, ekantipur, gorkhapatra to get those internship notices.
I am pursuing bcom Hons from India I am looking for an internship in marketing or finance
hello i am pursuing BBA in india. i want to do internship in bank in nepal
Hi there😊i am jayanti acharya. I am pursuing my bba nd i have done unpaid internship at everest bank few months ago.Now i want to do paid internship, is there someone to help me??
Hi, I am pursuing master in economics. I want to do internship in Nepal at banking sector.
Due to study hours I couldn’t able to join all the week. I will be able to join at Wednesday only. Is this possible??
I recently graduated from high school, and I’m seeking for internships. Do I qualify for an internship? I’m very interested in studying overseas, and I’m considering doing an internship in the subject of architecture.