Nursing is one of the respected profession in Nepal. Every year thousands of female graduate as a nurse. However, to work as a nurse, you must get registered in Nepal Nursing Council. Any Nepali who graduated from Nepali University or Foreign University can register as a professional nurse. In the article, I am mentioning the complete procedure for Nepal Nursing Council registration. This step by step registration guide helps to be a professional nurse in Nepal.
For registration you first need to pass the Nursing License Examination which is defined to be an entrance examination to work as a nursing professional. The licensing exam is for all graduates from Proficiency Certificate Level (PCL) and Bachelor of science in Nursing (Bsc Nursing).
Requirement for Nepal Nursing Council Registration for PCL Nursing
- First you will need to fill the online form from official website of Nursing council: http://nnc.org.np/pages/download/licensing-exam-form.php. You need to submit the online form.
- A Copy of Mark Sheet and Character Certificate of SLC or SEE result each.
- Copy of Citizenship certificate both sides
- Copy of Academic Transcript and character certificate of PCL Nursing
- Recent passport size photo
Requirement for Nepal Nursing Council Registration for Bsc Nursing
- Like in PCL Nursing, You need to fill the online form from the link: http://nnc.org.np/pages/download/licensing-exam-form.php and submit the online form.
- Copy of mark sheet and character certificate of SLC or SEE result.
- Copy of Mark sheet and character certificate of HSEB or NEB result.
- Copy of Marksheet, Character Certificate and Academic transcript of BSC Nursing.
- Copy of Citizen Certificate and recent Passport size photo.
You will have to pay Rs 1600 through Esewa. For the graduates from foreign University, they must have their equivalent certificate from the concerned authority. The applicants need to be graduated from the institute recognized from the respective nursing council or authorized government body.
You can find Nepal nursing council license exam model questions online. I found some model questions for nursing license exam on Slideshare. I will add more if you need. If you need more model questions, comment and ask us.
After the application you will receive a date for your Exam. Once you pass the examination you can now request for registration with following documents:
- Photocopy of Admit card
- Deposit Voucher of Nrs 1500 in SBI Bank, Maharajgunj in the account of Nepal Nursing Council on Account Number: 20435240100009
After Nepal Nursing Council registration, you can freely work as a registered nurse in any hospital in Nepal. Every Nepali nursing graduates be it from university within Nepal or from outside the country can register for NNC and work in Nepal. The recent increase in nursing graduates shows the interest of people in the field. But we must mention that government has not made a good environment in Nepal to work as nurse. The pay is too low for the effort they put in their work. We must appreciate the work of this nurses for whatever they do to care a patient.
Nepal Nursing Council Notice for Nepalese Studying Nursing Abroad
Nepal Nursing Council has published a notice for all nursing students enrolled in foreign institution for Nursing studies.
If you are enrolled in any nursing colleges abroad, your college must be approved from Ministry of Education or Ministry of Health Welfare or Nursing Council or State council.
If you want to get registered in Nepal Nursing Council, you must present a registration document from the council or ministry of health welfare or ministry of education of that institution.
You must check whether your college is recognized or not. You can check it from TU curriculum development branch.
You must pass Licensing examination to receive a Council certificate.