NSTB stands for National Skill testing board which was established in 1983 as Skill Testing Authority (STA) in Nepal. STA was the first to establish a system of occupational classification, development of skill standards, testing skills and certifying based upon the guidelines of Asia Pacific Skill Development project/ International Labor organization. Later on, in 1989, CTEVT was introduced and it started governing the STA as NSTB (National Skill Testing Board).
A skill test is a performance test which must be obtained by every individual in order to get National Skill certificate which indicates that the certificate holder meets the requirement of trade/occupation based on occupational skill standard.
Target Group of Skill test:
NSTB especially focuses on the following three target group:
- pass-outs from pre-employment vocational training wishing to facilitate their transition to work
- experience workers (employed or unemployed) lacking an official certification
- Workers who at the end of in-service training seek an upgraded or additional certificate.
If you want to certify your skill through a skill test, then following are the requirement to take a skill test exam:
- Nepalese citizenship
- Passport size (4 pieces) and Auto size (1 piece) photo
- Must be above 16 years
- Other requirements as per describe below:
For Skill Test Level – Elementary:
- You must have successfully completed 140 hours vocational training in relevant occupation/trade.
For Skill Test Level-1
- You must be literate with knowledge and skill in the relevant occupation with minimum of one-year work experience in a related occupation/trade or
You must have successfully completed one month (160 hours) vocational training in relevant occupation/trade or
You must have vocational training with six-month work experience in the relevant occupation/trade.
For Skill Test Level – 2
- You must have knowledge and skill in the relevant occupation with at least three years of work experience in a relevant occupation/trade or
You must possess one-year training (minimum 600 hours theory and 800 hours practical) in relevant occupation/trade or
You must have at least one year’s work experience after the level-1 ST certificate passed in relevant occupation/trade.
For Skill Test Level – 3
- You must have knowledge and skill in the relevant occupation with minimum of five-year work experience in a relevant occupation/trade or
At least two years of work experience after one-year training in a relevant occupation/trade or
1-year work experience after skill level-2 certificate passed in relevant occupation/trade.
For Skill Test Level – 4 (For Ophthalmic Assistant)
- You must be ophthalmic Assistant, Level-3 passed with three-year experience and one-year training or
You must have certificate level in Health Science (Ophthalmology) equivalent passed with three-year experience and one-year training.
How to check NSTB result?
- First, open the homepage of NSTB by entering the web address nstb.org.np.
- A page as shown in the figure will be opened.
- Scroll down the page till you reach the bottom where you can get the page as shown below:
- Click on the button view result if you want to know your result.
- A page will open where you will get the list of various date exams as shown in the figure.
- Choose your result.
- You can directly view your result or you can download it.
- For more information, you can contact to the address given below: