Summit Air is the airlines based in Surkhet, Nepal. It is also a national airline as it serves throughout the country only. It was previously known as Goma Air. Goma Air was operating since 2011 February and was re-branded to summit air on March 13, 2020. It operates from short take and landings airstrips of western parts of Nepal. The aircraft of coma airlines are financed by the Czech Republic export bank. It has its hub station in surkhet airport and secondary hubs in Nepalgunj Airport. It has four fleets in size and ten destinations. The chairman of this airlines is Bikash JB Rana; the Managing Director is Manoj Karki Capt. Ad sherps is an operation director, and Suman Pandey is the director, and Mr Prajwal Jung Rana is the engineering director.
As we already discuss that it has ten destinations, some of the destinations it serves are Bajhang Airport, Bajura Airport, Chaurjahan Airport, Dolpa Airport, Jumla Airport, Nepalgunj Airport, Rukum Airport, Simikot Airport, Surkhet Airport, Talcha Airport. It has two aircraft with the 2-2 fleet, they are Cessna Grand Caravan 208B with two fleet and 14 passengers and Let 410 UVP-E20 with two fleet and 19 passengers. The flight operation department has a strong team of 10 captains and ten first officers. It follows the stringent training and recruitment policy to ensure better crew resource management resulting in safe flights.
Summit Air contact details
To ensure safety to the passengers is one of the main objectives of this airlines as well as to promote safety culture. The flights are analysed by the team to identify any deviation from the desired parameters in order as the measure of the every flight data. The teams analyse 98 parameters of the flight’s operation. The flight are maintained by its in-house aircraft component in conformity with appropriate rules and regulations. For reservation, we can visit its head office, or we can mail them in their Email [email protected], or we can call them at number +977-1-4117524, 4117523, 4498059 or we can fax at +977-1-4117524.
How to book Goma Airlines ticket?
Goma Airlines flight fare for different places are from Kathmandu to Lukla Rs.3540, Kathmandu to Taplejung Rs 3445, Kathmandu to Tumlingtar Rs 3913 and many others have different prices according to distance or importance of place. To check flight schedule, we can visit different travel and tours. We can also go to airlines department for schedule, or we can check through online too by visiting its sites https://summitair.com.np/, and there we can find the information about airlines its services, flights schedule, the fare for different places and much other information related to the airlines.
It is one of the best choices for travelling into different places. When there come the flying airfields, then Goma airlines should be the number one choice among other airlines. It is one of the safest airlines as it doesn’t compromise the safety of the passengers and try to make the customer satisfied with their services. This airline has got the better-trained manpower for engineering and the maintenance and other different purposes related to flights. It has been established itself as most sought out STOL operator in Nepal, and it takes pride in its qualified flight crew, engineering team and state of the art equipment.
Goma Airlines started its services through two Cessna Grand Caravan as air taxi operator from Surkhet since Feb 24, 2011. Then on Oct 2014, it introduced LET 410 UVPE-20 from Kathmandu. Later, it added one more L410 aircraft in March 2015 and it is scheduled to add one more L410 on 2020. It has established itself as most sought out STOL operator in Nepal.
Goma Airlines has three departments, Flight Operations, Engineering, and sales.
Flight operations department has strong members of 10 captains and 10 first officers. It has its own in-house Aircraft Maintenance Organization. It has a strong Sales and Marketing team offering the best services. Bikas JB Rana is the current chairman of the Goma Airlines.
Goma Airlines has also been involved in the social activities like Shanti Education Initiative Nepal and Snow Yak Project to uplift the society.
It has been providing air services to the following destinations from the different base location.
In addition, Goma Air provides charter/air taxi services to cater the need of customer
How to book flight online?
Goma Airlines provides an online service to the book the flight. Please follow the given procedures carefully:
- First, open new web browsers you are familiar with.
- Type the web address gomaair.com and click the enter button.
- Goma airlines web homepage will open as shown in the figure.
- On the header section, click on the flight booking.
- A drop down menu will open as shown in the figure.
- Select the options in between round trip or one way.
- Select the location from and to the destination.
- Enter the date of departure.
- Enter the number of travelers and include the number of children if available.
- Select your nationality.
- Click on Find flight button.
- You will get the information regarding the schedule of flight.
How to check the flight schedule?
- On the top right header section, there is Flight Schedule.
- Click the link.
- Then, you will get the detail information regarding flight schedule as shown in the figure.
Some information to the passengers:
- Passengers check in 1:30 hours before the actual flight time.
- A passenger must have valid identification like passport, national id or TIMS card.
- Passengers must have an airline ticket.
- Passengers are allowed not more than 5 kg of carry-on baggage and only one piece is allowed.
- Passengers can take up to two pieces of check in baggage, not more than 10 kg combined.
- For extra baggage, you have to pay an additional charge. You will be charged USD 1 dollar per kg as per current rate.
Address : Kathmandu Nepal
Phone : 00977-1-4117523 / 4,4498059
Email : info[at]gomaair.com
Fax : 00977-1-4111803
P.O.Box No.: 8914
Outstation Sales Offices
Nepalgunj: 00977-81-565201 / 9802080009
Lukla: 9860129441 / 9849706905
Surkhet: 00977-83-525342/ 9802080008
Simikot: 00977-87-680203/ 9802080014