IPO (Initial Public Offering) is the launching of the stock when the private company offers or sales its shares to the general public or the institutional investors in order to become a public company. For a company to become public, it requires certain amount which is then collected or raised by selling its shares to the investors which is called as the IPO. We will discuss about upcoming IPO in Nepal.
There are many hydropower and microfinance companies of Nepal which have submitted their legal documents to the Securities Board of Nepal (SEBON). The company can only have its initial offerings after getting the approval from the SEBON.
Nepal IPO Opening soon with date
|Name of Company||Type||Opening Date||Closing Date|
|Sonapur Minerals and Oil Limited||General Public||Ashoj 14||Asoj 17|
|Mathillo Mailun Khola Jalvidhyut Limited||General Public||Ashoj 18||Ashoj 22|
|Chirkhwa Hydro Power Ltd||General Public||Ashoj 23||Ashoj 26|
Table of Contents
Recently Approved IPOs in Nepal
The recently approved IPOs by the SEBON are listed below:
- Sonapur Minerals and Oil Ltd. (Local and employees @ Rs. 225 (along with Premium @ Rs.125) and General public @ Rs. 237.58 (along with Premium @ Rs. 137.58 ) – 30,750,500 Units
- Vision Lumbini Urja Company Ltd. – 19,125,000 Units
- Mathillo Mailun Khola Jalvidhyut Limited (For Local and General Public) – 10,000,000 Units
- Chirkhwa Hydro Power Ltd (For Local and General Public) – 4,000,000 Units
There are many other companies which are pipelined in the Securities Board of Nepal and are yet to be approved.
Pending Upcoming IPO in Nepal
The companies which are still pending to be approved by the SEBON are listed below:
- Dish Media Network with 23,85,929 units and Global IME Capital as their issue manager.
- Him Star Urja Company Ltd. (For local and General Public)
- IME Limited (For General Public)
- Daramkhola Hydro Energy Ltd.
- Bhujung Hydropower Limited
- Himalayan Re-insurance Limited
- Sanvi Energy Limited
- Reliance Spinning Mills Ltd.
- Sarbottam Cement Ltd.
- Accord Pharmaceuticals limited
- Nepal Warehousing Company Ltd
- Trade Tower Ltd. (For General Public)
- Muktinath Krishi Company Ltd. (General Public)
- Sanima Hydropower Ltd. ( For Local and General Public)
- Kantipur Television Network Ltd. (General Public)
IPOs Coming soon in Nepal
The following IPOs are coming soon in Nepal in below mentioned dates:
|Sonapur Minerals and Oil Limited||Public||Ashoj 14||Asoj 17|
|Mathillo Mailun Khola Jalvidhyut Limited||Public||Ashoj 18||Ashoj 22|
|Chirkhwa Hydro Power Ltd||Public||Ashoj 23||Ashoj 26|
- Mathillo Mailun Khola Jalvidhyut Limited
- Sonapur Minerals and Oil Limited
- None for now
This list of upcoming IPO in Nepal is updated regularly. You can apply the IPO openings through Meroshare.
Avoid IPO ASBA Transaction Fees
Attention!! Some banks are still charging for every IPO ASBA.
SBI, Laxmi charge NRs. 25/- per application, and Standard Charter charge Rs. 100 per application.
Recently, Jalpa issued its IPO.
IPO Issued: 4,77,90,000
Total Applications: 26,67,741
If all applications were from Laxmi Bank.
Total Charges Collected: 26,67,741 X 25 = 6,66,93,525 Which is greater than IPO value by 2 crores.
If all applications were from Standard Charter: Total Charges collected: 26,67,741 X 100 = 26,67,74,100
Standard chartered Bank would collected 5 times of the IPO amount of Jalpa.
So, make sure to Switch to Free ones and avoid transaction fees.
Bank that does not charge IPO fees.
- Nabil Bank
- Global IME Bank (started charging Nrs 5)
- NIC Asia
- Mega Bank Limited
- Nabil Bank Limited
- Nepal Credit And Commerce Bank Limited
- NIC Asia Bank Limited
- Rastriya Banijya Bank Limited
How to apply Upcoming IPO in Nepal?
Step 1. Login to the Mero Share site https://meroshare.cdsc.com.np
Step 2. Go to My Asba from Menu
Step 3. Click tab Apply for Issue and click on Apply
Step 4: Provide required information and submit