Kathmandu University is a non-profit autonomous university situated in the mountainous landscape of natural beauty in Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchowk district, Nepal. It is about 30 km east of the capital city, Kathmandu. It was established in November 1991. By KU Act 2048/1991, Ministry of Education Nepal, KU became the first privately managed public institution for higher learning in Nepal. Its predecessor was Kathmandu Valley Campus which was established in 1985. Kathmandu University is known for faster KU exam and faster KU result.
The academic program in KU was started in 1992 with an Intermediate in Science Program. Coming to now, it provides myriad undergraduate and postgraduate programs through its seven schools. The seven schools operated by Kathmandu University are School of Engineering, School of Science, School of Management, School of Arts, School of Education, School of Law and School of Medical Sciences respectively. Among these, School of Medical Sciences and School of Engineering have the most students.
Kathmandu University faculties
Each school provides you many various options to choose from your undergraduate programs. In engineering, the undergraduate courses are provided in civil, computer, electrical and electronics, mechanical, environmental, geomatics and chemical. School of Science provides undergraduate courses in Biotechnology, environmental science, pharmacy, human biology and applied physics. School of Management provides programs of Bachelors in Business Administration, Executive MBA, Masters in Business Administration. The art school provides a program in the field of music, media, community development, fine art and economics. Medical Science School provides programs in various medical specialities and sub specialities like B.Sc. Nursing, PCL Nursing, Bachelor in Nursing, B.Sc. Midwifery, Bachelor in Physiotherapy, Bachelors in Dental Science. The University offers graduate programs in science, engineering, pharmacy, development and business administration.
Kathmandu University has come a long way since its inception. Within its journey period, it has not only built reasonable infrastructures but also has created a track for the excellence in the quality of education. Since its establishment, it has produced many manpower and human resources which are independent and working for the development of the country.
To ensure the quality of education, the university selects the best of the candidates for any courses through entrance examination. The recruitment of teaching faculty is also very cautious and prudent. It has always put an effort to produce good manpower for the country. The evaluation of the students is both formative and summative. The formative evaluation includes continuous internal examinations, and the final examination is the summative evaluation. All the activities related to examinations are carried out by an office of the controller of examinations, KU.
How to check KU result
The results are published via the official website of the university. To know your KU result, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of Kathmandu University through your browser which is ku.edu.np.
- The homepage of KU website opens. You will see different links there. You have to click on the Exams Section.
- After the page for the exam section opens, you can see the list of results under the subheading “Exam results”.
- All the published results are updated on this page. If your result doesn’t appear here, you have to visit the website regularly until it does.
- If the result is published, click on the respective link. Then click on the link showing “Click here”.
- The KU result opens in pdf format. The results of all the affiliated colleges are given in the same notice. The symbol numbers of students who have passed the examination successfully are given in their respective college’s name.