Nepal Telecom is the premier and leading telecommunication company in Nepal. It is a state-owned company with 91.49% of the government share. After the Communication Corporation Act, 2028 was enacted, Nepal Telecommunication Corporation was established formally in 2032 BS. After 29 years of its formal establishment in 1st Baisakh, 2061, NTC was changed officially into Nepal Doorsanchar Company Limited (NDCL). However, it is known to the general public by its brand name, Nepal Telecom as a registered trademark. The regulating body of telecommunications in Nepal is Nepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA). Nepal Telecom hires the highest number of applicants in comparison to many other companies. So, Nepal Telecom vacancy is important to know by each and every individual.
The headquarters of Nepal Telecom is located in Bhadrakali Plaza, Kathmandu, Nepal. Its branches, exchanges and other offices are spread in 184 locations of the country. It is the only provider of fixed line ISDN and leased line services in Nepal. Since 1960 to 2004, it had been the monopoly telecom carrier. However, now there are other telecommunication service providers like Ncell and UTL as well. It provides various services to its customers. For example, fixed line and mobile telephony, broadband and fixed-line internet services, leased line service, ISDN, GSM cellular telephony, the Internet leased line, payphone, CDMA, wireless loop link, etc. The recent benchmark in its milestones has been the initiation of cellular 4G LTE services in 2017.
Nepal Telecommunication is the reliable and leading telecommunication industry in Nepal. It is one of the largest corporations of Nepal and comprises of more than 5400 employees. Many people vie for a chance to be the employee of Nepal Telecommunication Company. Since it is a public company with a majority of share being governmental, one has to give exams via Lok Sewa Aayog (Public Service Commission) to become an employee in this industry.
Nepal Telecom Vacancy
The vacancy announcement for Nepal Telecom is done on its official website and the daily Nepali newspapers like Gorkhapatra. To check for the vacancy in Nepal Telecom in its official website follow the steps below:
- Go to your browser and type the website of NTC i.e. ntc.net.np.
- The homepage of the Nepal Telecom opens which provides you link to its various services. In the first line of a menu at the top, you can see “Notices” at the right end.
- Click on “Notices”. The page for Telecom Notices opens. At the left side, under the main heading Telecom Notices, you can see Telecom Notices, Vacancy Notices, Tender Notices and E-procurement. Click on vacancy notices to get the latest Nepal Telecom vacancy announcements.
- Vacancy, results and notices open with a list of vacancy available at present. The published date and the link for vacancy notice are given. The information is provided in the link regarding the open competition, internal competition, internal promotion, etc.
- Click on the desired link to get the full information about the Nepal Telecom vacancy notice. A pdf file opens for the respective link that provides you complete information about the vacancy, posts required, the level of the post, criteria, customs fee to apply for the posts and everything that you require.
- Scroll down, and at the bottom of the page, you will see the Nepal Telecom examination syllabus which is required for the examination according to which you can prepare yourself.