The eighth amendment to the Education Act 2073 BS (2016 AD) has been passed and has been in effect for some time now. This amendment was under discussion for a long time, and finally, it has been made. Apropos to that, Higher Secondary Examination Board (HSEB) has officially been transformed into National Examination Board. Articles describe you on how to check NEB routine through an official website.
Changes in education system of Nepal (SLC to SEE) (HSEB and NEB to SLC)
Erstwhile, in the education system of Nepal, there was district level examination (DLE) as the basic level examination in class 8, SLC (School Leaving Certificate Examination) in class 10 and class 11 and 12 were considered as higher secondary level. Now, after the amendment in the education act in 2073 BS, Grade 11 and 12 are integrated into the school system. Presently, the examination of class 10 is called SEE (Secondary Education Examination), which is at the regional level and examination at the end of Grade 12 is called as SLC (School Leaving Certificate) examination, which is at the national level.
Formerly, the higher secondary education board (HSEB) used to supervise the higher secondary schools i.e. class 11 and 12 which were mostly under the private management. Now, these functions are undertaken by NEB (National Education Board). The department of education takes care of the functions regarding permission for the affiliated schools, scholarships, operation of schools and the curriculum development centre looks after the functions regarding the development of curriculum and its improvement for grade 11 and 12. The examination of class 10, 11 and 12 are considered as united viscera now and managed by the national education board.
The office of National examination board is located in Madhyapur Thimi Municipality, Bhaktapur, Nepal. The office is open from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm from Sunday to Friday.
All the information regarding the national examination board is updated in its official website that is www.neb.gov.np. In this website, you can get the latest notices, information about the national examination board, its divisions and answers to some frequently asked questions.
How to check NEB routine
To check the NEB routine (Routines for class 11 and 12 final examination), follow the steps below:
- Go to your browser and enter the official website of national examinations board which is neb.gov.np.
- After you press enter, the homepage of NEB website loads.
- You can see the options like home, about us, notices, results, contact and FAQ just below the logo of the board. Click on “Notices”.
- After the page for “notices” open, check for whether there is notice regarding the routine or not. The notices are all given in Nepali language. See for the updates consisting “Samaya Talika” in the heading. If the results are published or amended, here is where you will see the update.
- Click on the notice regarding your NEB routine. Open the link and you can get information regarding the examination (subject, time, date) going to be held. Thus, to get the information, you need to check the website regularly for the updates.