Australia is one of the most sought after destination for the educational purpose. Each year, the number of international students in Australia is increasing in number, and it is because of the excellent educational system provided there, that includes effective learning environment and focused research studies. After gaining the degree in Australia, students learn such potentiality that they can live independently in any part of the world. As such, students want to get the degrees from universities in Australia. Students wish to study in best universities in Australia which is ranking higher.
Best Universities ranking in Australia
However, many may not be aware of the universities in Australia, in spite of their wish to study there. There are total 43 universities in Australia, among which 40 are public universities, 2 are international universities, and 1 is a private university. So, among these 43 universities, which are the best ones? If your study destination is Australia, then at a point, you’d surely have this question in mind: “Which university should I choose in Australia for my studies?” So, here we present you the Best Universities in Australia based on the rankings of Academic Ranking of World University, QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) World University Ranking and The Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking that are the three main ranking systems recognised in the world.
10 Best Universities in Australia
1) The University of Melbourne (www.unimelb.edu.au ): This University holds excellent reputation not only in Australia but the whole world. It is Australia’s second oldest university founded in 1853, located in Parkville, Victoria, Australia. The university has students from more than 150 countries as it helps the students reach their full potential through the excellent resources it provides like, brilliant and dedicated lecturers, world standard curriculum, different undergraduate degrees, world-leading graduate programs and scholarships schemes to students from diverse backgrounds.
2) Australian National University (www.anu.edu.au): This world renowned university is located in the capital of Australia, Canberra and was founded in 1946. The outstanding research led education it provides unsurpassed in the country. Among more than 15000 students here, about 35% are international students. Satisfaction of students and employees in this university is what distinguishes it from other universities. It is rated excellent concerning research, employability, teaching, facilities, internationalisation, innovation and inclusiveness.
3) University of Sydney (www.sydney.edu.au ): This is Australia’s first university, located in Sydney and established in 1850. Considering education as the power to change, it was founded to develop leadership qualities in the students to bring positive change in the nation. Comprising of more than 42000 students, 29% are international students.
4) University of Queensland (www.uq.edu.au ): Established in 1909, this university lies among the top of the echelons of world universities. Innovations which have emerged here have helped to create a better world for the people.
5) University of New South Wales (www.unsw.edu.au): Established in 1949, UNSW comprises of 32% international students. It supports research-based education and using the research for the betterment of living. It empowers the students so that they can thrive well in their workplace in the future.
6) Monash University (www.monash.edu): It is located in Melbourne, founded in 1958. It has helped many students embark on their career through the degrees that it provides. At present, it is Australia’s largest university with nearly 45000 students among which 25% are international students. It focuses specialisation mainly in health, innovations in industries, sustainable environment and culture & community.
7) University of Western Australia (www.uwa.edu.au): Located in Perth, Western Australia and established in 1911, this sandstone university comprises of 27% international students. It holds the excellent reputation for teaching, learning and research.
8) University of Adelaide (www.adelaide.edu.au ): Established in 1874, it is the 3rd oldest university in the country. It holds pride in possessing the lecturers who are some of the world’s best minds and with multifarious programs, it guides you to become a person scintillating with the qualities of leadership, critical thinking, problem solving and resilience.
9) Macquarie University (www.mq.edu.au): Comprising of 24% international students among the total students, it was established in 1964. It is one of the most sought after university because of its expertise in health, business and medical science and also because of the generous scholarship that it provides to students every year.
10) University of Wollongong (www.uow.edu.au): Founded in 1951, it is located in the coastal city of Wollongong, New South Wales. It focuses on innovative research and producing globally competitive graduates.