MBA is an abbreviated form of Masters in Business Administration. The country of origin of MBA is the United States and it took place in early 20th century. This degree emerged as there was realisation about the need for scientific approaches towards management in various industries and companies. As of now, MBA is a recognised program for master’s degree worldwide and many opt for this degree as it makes one capable of building their skills and qualifications in a successful business career. MBA in Nepal has lots of scopes and we will be discussing each and every aspect of MBA course in Nepal.
MBA in Nepal
In Nepal as well, MBA program has been receiving popularity since some years back. Though MBA was not introduced long back in Nepal, people have been attracted towards this program realising its scope in national as well as the international scenario. As such, the colleges offering MBA courses have also been on the rise.
MBA course structure in Nepal
In general, MBA is a structured course that comprises of the analytical, functional and ethical core, elective and lastly, research and strategic management and leadership as the capstone. The elective courses allow for the subject speciality. The courses are taught with the principle of simple to complex. So, initially, underlying analytical skills required for the course are covered. The analytical part of the course includes accounting, (managerial) economics, operations research, organisational behaviour and business statistics / quantitative analysis. The functional part includes financial management, human resource management, marketing management, and operations management and the ethical part includes business ethics, corporate social responsibility and corporate governance. There are various electives that vary according to the institution.
MBA is a very broad discipline and manifold subjects related to business and administration comes under it. Broadly, it has 2 categories, MBA and EMBA (Executive MBA). However, the types vary according to the mode of delivery and specialisation area also. Depending upon them a mode of delivery, the program may be full-time, part-time, evening, weekend, modular, distance learning, blended learning, etc. Evening MBA in Nepal and EMBA in Nepal are available. The others are not popular.
MBA Specialisation in Nepal
There are many MBA specialisations as well. The common ones are accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, international business, healthcare administration, human resources, management information systems, management science, marketing, operations management, organisational design, project management, real estate, risk management and strategy, among others. However, all these specialisations are not available in Nepal. Many specialisations are still new and not included in the course. In some cases, you may not even have the option of specialisation and you receive MBA degree without specialisation called General MBA.
MBA colleges in Nepal
The colleges providing MBA degree in Nepal are mainly concentrated in Kathmandu valley. MBA in Nepal is conducted either through the affiliation with national or foreign universities. National or domestic universities providing affiliation to the institutes for MBA program are Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, Purbanchal University and Pokhara University. The cost to study MBA in Nepal ranges from 6 to 9 lakhs in average. Comparatively, MBA program of TU is cheaper than that of other universities.
The colleges providing MBA course in Nepal are as follows:
MBA in Nepal from University in Nepal
- Ace Institute of Management, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Apex College, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Uniglobe College, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- VS Niketan College, Minbhawan, Kathmandu
- Quest International College, Balkumari Lalitpur
- Rajdhani Model College, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Excel International College, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- South Asian Institute of Management, Lagankhel, Patan
- Pokhara University-Faculty of Management Studies, Lekhnath-12, Pokhara
- Boston International College, Bharatpur, Chitwan
- Kathmandu Don Bosco College, Lazimpat, Kathmandu
- Novel Academy, Nayabazar, Kathmandu
- Kantipur Hotel Management & Interior Design College, Kathmandu
- DAV College, Jawalakhel, Kathmandu
- Topper Management College, Sanepa, Kathmandu
- White House Graduate School of Management, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Presidency College Of Management Sciences, Bharatpur
- Zenith International College, Biratnagar
- Birgunj Public College, Birgunj
MBA in Nepal from Foreign University
- Sikkim Manipal University (India): Lord Buddha Education Foundation (LBEF)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) (India)
International Center for Academic College of Distance Education & Online Studies(ICA)
2. Nepal Information Technology
- Westcliff University (USA)
2. Presidential Business School
- International American University (USA): Nova International
- Vinayak Missions University (India): KFA Business School
- University of Madras (India): Welhams College
- Queen Margaret University, UK: Ace International Business School
- Shinawatra University, Thailand: Global College International
- Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand): Asian Institute of Technology and Management
- Lincoln University (Malaysia): Phoenix College of Management
- Bharathiar University(India): Institute of Banking & Management Studies
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (Malaysia): CG Institute of Management (CGIM)
- The University of Northampton, UK: Naaya Aayam Multi-Disciplinary Institute (NAMI)
- Leeds Beckett University, UK: British College