Table of Contents
- 1 MBA course structure in Nepal
- 2 MBA Specialisation in Nepal
- 3 MBA colleges in Nepal
- 3.1 MBA University in Nepal
- 3.2 MBA in Nepal from Foreign University
- 3.3 Domestic and foreign Affiliated MBA colleges
- 3.4 Reasons to get an MBA degree
- 3.5 Tribuwan university school of management
- 3.6 Kathmandu University school of management
MBA is an abbreviated form of Masters in Business Administration. The country of origin of the MBA is the United States and it took place in the early 20th century. This degree emerged as there was a realisation about the need for scientific approaches towards management in various industries and companies.
As of now, the MBA is a recognized program for master’s degrees worldwide and many opt for this degree as it makes one capable of building their skills and qualifications in a successful business career. MBA in Nepal has lots of scopes and we will be discussing each and every aspect of the MBA course in Nepal.
In Nepal as well, the MBA program has been receiving popularity since some years back. Though the MBA was not introduced long back in Nepal, people have been attracted to this program realizing its scope in national as well as the international scenario. As such, the colleges offering MBA courses have also been on the rise.
The MBA program is recognized everywhere in the world and is one of the most sought after courses. It is a course designed not just for management students but for anyone who is willing to enhance their managerial and leadership skills. MBA has worldwide recognition and people are now familiar to its value.
This course is designed to enhance professional skills and managerial skills for all the graduates especially those from management backgrounds. Especially for those who want to become a successful entrepreneur or get a career in the management field, MBA is a must. It equips you with the qualification and skills to become a successful leader.
MBA course structure in Nepal
In general, an MBA is a structured course that comprises the analytical, functional and ethical core, elective and lastly, research and strategic management and leadership as the capstone. The elective courses allow for the subject specialty.
The courses of MBA in Nepal are taught with the principle of simple to complex. So, initially, the underlying analytical skills required for the course are covered. The analytical part of the course includes accounting, (managerial) economics, operations research, organizational behavior and business statistics / quantitative analysis.
The functional part includes financial management, human resource management, marketing management, and operations management and the ethical part include business ethics, corporate social responsibility, and corporate governance. There are various electives that vary according to the institution.
MBA is a very broad discipline and manifold subjects related to business and administration come under it. Broadly, it has 2 categories, MBA and EMBA (Executive MBA). However, the types vary according to the mode of delivery and specialization area also.
Depending upon them a mode of delivery, the program may be full-time, part-time, evening, weekend, modular, distance learning, blended learning, etc. Evening MBA in Nepal and EMBA in Nepal are available. The others are not popular.
MBA Specialisation in Nepal
There are many MBA specializations as well. The common ones are accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, international business, healthcare administration, human resources, management information systems, management science, marketing, operations management, organizational design, project management, real estate, risk management, and strategy, among others.
However, all these specializations are not available in Nepal. Many specializations are still new and not included in the course. In some cases, you may not even have the option of specialization and you receive an MBA degree without specialization called General MBA.
MBA colleges in Nepal
The colleges providing MBA degree in Nepal are mainly concentrated in Kathmandu valley. MBA in Nepal is conducted either through affiliation with national or foreign universities. National or domestic universities providing affiliation to the institutes for the MBA program are Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, Purbanchal University, and Pokhara University. The cost to study MBA in Nepal ranges from 6 to 9 lakhs on average. Comparatively, the MBA program of TU is cheaper than that of other universities.
From many options available in Nepal, Here are a few names you would like to know. In this article, I have listed the names of colleges that have a domestic affiliation. The colleges providing MBA course in Nepal are as follows:
MBA University in Nepal
- Ace Institute of Management, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Apex College, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Uniglobe College, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- VS Niketan College, Minbhawan, Kathmandu
- Quest International College, Balkumari Lalitpur
- Rajdhani Model College, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Excel International College, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- South Asian Institute of Management, Lagankhel, Patan
- Pokhara University-Faculty of Management Studies, Lekhnath-12, Pokhara
- Boston International College, Bharatpur, Chitwan
- Kathmandu Don Bosco College, Lazimpat, Kathmandu
- Novel Academy, Nayabazar, Kathmandu
- Kantipur Hotel Management & Interior Design College, Kathmandu
- DAV College, Jawalakhel, Kathmandu
- Topper Management College, Sanepa, Kathmandu
- White House Graduate School of Management, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Presidency College Of Management Sciences, Bharatpur
- Zenith International College, Biratnagar
- Birgunj Public College, Birgunj
MBA in Nepal from Foreign University
- Sikkim Manipal University (India): Lord Buddha Education Foundation (LBEF)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) (India)
International Center for Academic College of Distance Education & Online Studies(ICA)
2. Nepal Information Technology
- Westcliff University (USA)
2. Presidential Business School
- International American University (USA): Nova International
- Vinayak Missions University (India): KFA Business School
- University of Madras (India): Welhams College
- Queen Margaret University, UK: Ace International Business School
- Shinawatra University, Thailand: Global College International
- Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand): Asian Institute of Technology and Management
- Lincoln University (Malaysia): Phoenix College of Management
- Bharathiar University(India): Institute of Banking & Management Studies
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (Malaysia): CG Institute of Management (CGIM)
- The University of Northampton, UK: Naaya Aayam Multi-Disciplinary Institute (NAMI)
- Leeds Beckett University, UK: British College
Domestic and foreign Affiliated MBA colleges
Lately, there are many colleges in Nepal that offer MBA classes. There is a university with domestic affiliation and foreign affiliation as well. This article is for those who wish to get an MBA degree from Nepal. The domestic affiliations are from Tribhuwan University, Pokhara University, Purbanchal University, and Kathmandu University. And there are universities like West cliff University, Sikkim Manipal University, Queen Margaret University and so on that has provided affiliation to Nepali colleges to run an MBA program.
Reasons to get an MBA degree
- With your MBA degree, you get more job opportunities.
- And your vision grows so does the networking that opens opportunities for you.
- New career paths open for you and you get more options to explore.
- You gain more knowledge and expertise potentially giving you a promotion.
- Your earning improves and so does your status in the office.
- You will enjoy greater job security.
- And of course, you will have a graduate degree in the most dynamic faculty.
Tribuwan university school of management
Tribhuwan University school of management is the top name in MBA. SOMTU MBA is on a full-time basis. There are two types of MBA program run by SOMTU
These programs help in developing the managerial and entrepreneurial capabilities of students through the updated course and best teaching methodology.
MBA IT program
It seeks to develop professional skills in students to successfully manage information technology. IT can never be apart from management and vice versa this is why MBA was introduced by TU. It helps students gain managerial skills while gaining relevant information technology skills. The use of IT has increased across industries and business functions lately. This program helps students become better managers by deepening their IT and managerial skills.
Master’s in Business Administration in Global Leadership and Management
The other program is MBA in global leadership and management. The course aims to develop professional skills in students. It prepares students for global companies and multinational organizations. Since globalization is a recent trend, this course is very much relevant for students. It helps in developing social entrepreneurship skills and the right managerial skills in students. MBA in global leadership and management aims at producing globally competent graduates.
Kathmandu University school of management
Kathmandu university of management (KUSOM) is not just popular in Nepal but it also has a very good international reputation. It offers regular MBA and Executive MBA.
The MBA curriculum is designed in a way that includes both theoretical and practical knowledge of management. It helps students to enhance managerial capabilities. The course is quite updated and uses best practices to help students cope with the evolving nature and challenges of the management profession. KUSOM believes quality needn’t be expensive so the cost for an MBA degree is four lakhs ninety thousand.
KUSOM EMBA program is an intensive two-year course, stretched over six terms, similar to MBA. Each academic year has three terms. It is a course for experienced executives who want to get a graduate degree while working. The course also helps the manager’s expand and enhance their skill. Since for many it is often a tough choice to choose between career and education, KUSOM EMBA blends them together. Executive MBA at KUSOM is a post-experience management education program for managers that aims to grow their career.
Apex college is affiliated to Pokhara University. Apex college also offers an MBA program for graduates. This is also one of the best colleges we have. The MBA degree is updated and is taught by an exceptional group of professors. The college equips students with the required skills and expertise. At Apex, they believe in creating the right environment for students to learn business and management.
Only good teaching practice is not enough, there is a need for student-centered activities and events from where students can learn. Apex claims to produce capable and market-ready professionals after earning their MBA degree.
Realizing that many graduates need to work while they study. Apex has also introduced an evening MBA so that you can still get your degree while working full time.
Ace Institute of management
Ace institute of management is well known for its graduate and undergraduate management courses. It runs with affiliation from Pokhara University. The ace institute offers MBA, evening MBA, and EMBA programs.
The MBA evening degree is for graduates that wish to work and study simultaneously. You don’t have to compromise on either work or study. Study in the evening and work all day. The evening program is no different from a regular MBA. It is just a course for those who need to earn and learn together.
As a fresh graduate, you will get all the skills you require. Ace college of management is one of the best colleges in the country and will help you achieve your goals. The total fee for the MBA evening is around Seven lakhs. Classes will take place in the evening other than that it’s no different from Regular MBA. You study after office hours and can fulfill your education aspiration.
Then the other program is the EMBA program. EMBA is for working professionals who dint have time to give full time on study. You work full time while earning a degree. The cost of getting EMBA from Ace is Five lakhs thirty thousand.
The other course is a regular MBA. Spread over two years and with full-time classes. The cost for MBA is seven lakhs eighty-six thousand.