Wise account has limited the ability to withdraw USD to NPR for wise accounts based in Nepal. Freelancers commonly use Wise to receive money from clients abroad, Upwork, and other sources.
Unfortunately, due to new Nepalese regulation, we currently don’t allow residents of Nepal to send NPR to other Nepalese bank accounts. Due to this, such transfers will not be successful. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.Wise Support Team
Wise has stopped supporting transfers of NPR to Nepalese accounts if your address is based in Nepal. The alternative is to make a USD transfer to your account. You would need to add your bank account as USD in recipients. Select currency as USD and transfer mechanism as SWIFT. The bank account can be both USD or NPR-based accounts in Nepal.
- It costs $3.29 to transfer less than $500 (plus additional SWIFT fees, if any).
- For more than $500, it costs $14 fixed(there won’t be any additional SWIFT charge with this option).
- It takes 1 US working day plus 1 Nepal working day to reach the amount to your bank account.
- Bank may ask for additional documents for the source of funds once it reaches your bank account. It depends upon the bank.
- The conversion rate is based on the day you receive the USD in your NPR account. In the case of a USD account, it will remain in USD.