NEB (National Examination Board), established under the Higher Secondary Education Act, has approved 10+2 colleges in Nepal. This post is all about the NEB scholarship. This post will help you to know the criteria of the scholarship offered by NEB.
Every student wants a scholarship, but the scholarship becomes a need for some. NEB publishes scholarship application forms for SEE passed students.
NEB scholarship is only for those who passed SEE from public school. Such a scholarship is to provide free +2 education for the students of public schools.
The scholarship mainly targets Dalits, disabled persons, indigenous nationalities, Children of Martyr, and economically poor students. The NEB scholarship application must be submitted before its deadline.
How to apply NEB Scholarship
The qualifications and the documents required are as follows:
- Marksheet photocopy or mark sheet can be downloaded from the internet.
- If their surname is not clear for indigenous, Dalit students and other scholarship status students, they must submit letters of recommendation from the official institution.
- For the students who want to pursue Science, the student must have 2 GPA in their SEE exam.
- For the students who want to pursue Management, Humanities, they must score at least 1.6 GPA in their SEE exam.
- Candidates are chosen for the Scholarship exam according to the merit list.
- Then the final candidates are chosen according to their performance in the Scholarship exam.
The colleges itself take NEB scholarship exam.
For more details, you can visit the official site of NEB, i.e., www.neb.gov.np, or the NEB office, which is situated in Sanothimi in Bhaktapur.
Hope this post is helpful for you to know about the criteria for the NEB scholarship and the process of applying for the scholarship. If you meet the requirements and are eligible, then you should apply for the scholarship provided by NEB.