List of Pharmacy college in Nepal. Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Pharm) colleges in Nepal.
Kathmandu University affiliated B. Pharm colleges in Nepal
- Kathmandu University-School of Science
Location: Dhulikhel , PO BOX: 6250 Telephone 977-11-661399
Pokhara University Affiliated B. Pharm Colleges in Nepal
- Crimson College of Technology- Location: butwal, rupandehi Telephone 071-540879, 71-546479
- Pokhara University- Faculty of Science and Technology- Location:Lekhnath-12 Telephone 061-561698
Purbanchal Affiliated B. Pharm Colleges in Nepal
- Novel Academy Location: Newroad, Pokhara Tel 061535629
- Shree Medical and Technical College Location:bharatpur-chitwan, Tel 526440
- Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences Location:nakhkhu-lalitpur, Tel 5551011
- Little Buddha College of Health Sciences Location:gyaneshwor-kathmandu, Tel 4423600
- Asian college of advance studies Location:satdobato-lalitpur, Tel 5540183
- Karnali College of Health Science Location: Gaushala, Telephone 01-4481967,
- Hope International College- location:satdobato-lalitpur Telephone: 01-5544736
If you find some B. Pharm colleges missing, please comment below so that we can update it as soon as possible.
Pharmacy or Pharmacology is one of the main disciplines under Biomedical Science and the pharmaceutical industry. There are many disciplines within the Biomedical sciences.
Pharmacy is related to health sciences. It is the profession responsible for the preparation, dispensing and appropriate use of medication and which provides services to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes. A Pharmacists job is to prepare, mix, compound or dispense drugs and medicines, ointments, powder, pills, tablets and injections on the prescription of a medical practitioner, dentist or veterinarian. In detail, they are concerned with production of pharmaceutical products, development of the methods or processes of production and quality control. Those in research concern themselves with synthesis of new drugs (what is commonly referred to as molecules), new processes, clinical testing of the effects of such drugs on animals and humans, and obtaining the required License from the drug control authorities. A pharmacist is required to explain the mode and precautions regarding the use of medicines dispensed in a hospital pharmacy, prepare special formulations normally not available in the market, assist the physician in rendering necessary information about various drugs, their contra-indications, incompatibility etc.
There are over 225 programs in Pharmacy conducted by different universities in world. The main courses in Pharmacy are the 3 years Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm), 4 years Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), 6years Pharm D,2 years Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) and Ph.d programmes. The admission announcement usually comes out in August to October (Nepal) & May- July(India).