A police report or a police character certificate is a certificate issued by a government body or police to state whether the concerned person is not involved in any criminal activities. A Police Report is a compulsory document if you are traveling to foreign countries or looking for foreign employment. These days Nepalese companies (government or private) also demands police report for job vacancies these days. The certificate states whether the individual has any criminal record or not. Therefore, this document serves the purpose of a background check on the individual.
In this article, we are explaining in depth how to apply for an online police report in Nepal.
Documents required to make a police report in Nepal.
- Citizenship Card: to demonstrate your status as a Nepalese citizen.
- Passport: pages 2, 3, and 31 of a valid passport
- If you are abroad, a page with an immigration stamp and seal on the password
- Photo: your picture should be passport size.
- Contact number: applicant may be communicated
- E-mail ID: also useful for communication purposes
How to apply for a police report in Nepal online?
1. Visit the official website: https://opcr.nepalpolice.gov.np/.
2. Click on Resister and choose your option, and click on the next button.
3. Fill in all the required information and captcha, then click on register button.
4. You receive an email from Nepal Police (OPCR) providing you with a password. You should now change the password.
5. Now, taking your time, you start filling in the correct details asked on the five-step form.
6. Upload clear, appropriate-sized photos and documents.
7 . While issuing a password, fill in the stamp considering page 3 of the passport. There will be a chance of the application getting rejected if there are any mistakes on the stamp.
8. Mention any criminal history in the self-declaration section, if any.
9. Once. Once you have completed filling out all the details, please recheck all the provided information. After filling in every detail, click on confirm.
How long does it take to prepare a Police Character Certificate?
Typically, the verification process takes 5-7 days. You can track your status through the online police registration system. If any issues occur, the status will be shown as rejected, otherwise, the status will be shown as in processing.
Is your police report ready?
Once the verification of the police report form is completed, the status of the application will be displayed as Completed. Together with the link to download the certificate. Just by clicking on the link, the police report can be downloaded.
How long is the police report valid?
The created police clearance report is valid for a year. If you need a police clearance report the following year, you must reapply using the same method you used to request the first report.