A police report or a police character certificate is issued by a government body or police to state whether the concerned person is not involved in any criminal activities. The Nepal Police Report is a compulsory document if you are traveling to foreign countries or looking for foreign employment. With the advancement of technology, you can apply for a police report online in Nepal.
Nepalese companies (government or private) also demand police reports for job vacancies. The Police clearance report certificate states whether the individual has any criminal record. Therefore, this document serves the purpose of a background check on the individual. In this article, we are explaining in depth how to apply for an online police report in Nepal.
Police Report Online via OPCR
Documents required to make a police report in Nepal.
- Citizenship Card: to demonstrate your status as a Nepalese citizen.
- Passport: pages 2, 3, and 31 of a valid passport
- If you are abroad, a page with an immigration stamp and seal on the passport
- Photo: your picture should be passport-size.
- Contact number: applicant may be communicated
- E-mail ID: also useful for communication purposes
How to make a police report in Nepal online
1. Visit the official website opcr.nepalpolice.gov.np: https://opcr.nepalpolice.gov.np/.
2. Click on Resister, choose your option, and click on the next button.
3. Fill in all the required information and captcha, then click on register button.
4. You receive an email from Nepal Police (OPCR) providing you with a password. You should now change the password.
5. Now, taking your time, you start filling in the correct details asked on the five-step form.
6. Upload clear, appropriate-sized photos and documents.
7. Fill in the stamp considering pages of the passport. There will be a chance of the application getting rejected if there are any mistakes on the stamp.
8. Mention any criminal history in the self-declaration section, if any.
9. Once you have completed filling out all the details, please recheck all the provided information. After filling in every detail, click on confirm.
- While uploading a photo, please upload a passport-size photo in JPG format with a size greater than 50 kb.
- Please mention the address that you have on your citizenship certificate.
- You can find a place of Passport issued on page number 3 of your Passport.
How long does it take to prepare a Police Character Certificate?
The verification process takes 5-7 days. You can track your status through the online police registration system. If any issues occur, the status will be shown as rejected. Otherwise, the status will be shown as in processing.
Is your police report ready?
Once the verification of the police report form is completed, the status of the application will be displayed as Completed, together with the link to download the certificate. Just by clicking on the link, the police report can be downloaded.
How long is the police report of Nepal valid?
The created police clearance report is valid for a year. If you need a police clearance report the following year, you must reapply using the same method you used to request the first report.
Can we Apply Nepal Police Report Online?
Nepal Police has a dedicated website to apply police report online. This process is free, quick, and easy. Applicants no longer have to be in a queue for hours to apply after the introduction of the police report online system.
How to make police report in Nepal?
You need to apply online through the official website opcr.nepalpolice.gov.np. Once you complete the form, you will get your police report within a few days.