Along with the change in time, Nepali movie industry has seen the advent of many new actresses as well. Some of the new faces have had the privilege to shine in the limelight through their debut movie itself. Though there are numerous actresses in Nepali movie industry, a few have been able to reign the Nepali movie kingdom.
Top 10 Nepali Actresses
Some of the actresses who are most liked by the Nepali audiences are as follows:
- Priyanka Karki: Currently the busiest actress in Nepali movie industry, Priyanka Karki is a well known name among the people. Her fame rose after she was awarded with the title Miss Teen Nepal 2005. She worked in numerous music videos and was also a VJ. She took a break from the media some years from 2007 to pursue her studies in US. However, she made a comeback. Her debut movie was “Mero Best Friednd”. Although the early movies were not a commercial hit, she made her name in the Nepali movie industry with her incessant hard work, talent and confidence. Her first box office success movie was “Jholay” in 2014. After that, she has played in many hit movies like Nai Nabhannu La, Sadanga, How Funny, Chakka Panja, etc. She has also set her name as a singer in the Nepali media.
- Namrata Shrestha: The National Film Award winner, Namrata Shrestha started her film career in 2008. She plays in very selective movies and almost all of her movies are has been commercially successful. She is known for her romantic roles in the movies like “Mero Euta Sathi cha” and “November Rain”. Her popular movies include Sani Sansar, Maun, Classic, Homework, Sambodhan, etc.
- Samragyee Rajya Laxmi Shah: The new face in the Nepali movie industry, who has captured the heart of Nepalese audiences outright has played in only one movie until now. She is loved by the audiences for her bold and natural performance in her debut movie “Dreams”. She won the awards for “Best New Actress” in 2016 for her lead role in her debut movie.
- Shristhi Shrestha: The title holder of Miss Nepal 2012, Shristhi Shrestha is widely known for her beauty. She has played in numerous music videos. Her debut movie in Nepali movie industry was “Gajalu”. The movie was a huge commercial success and she has also been established as an actress now. Her theatre career started with “Hamlet” in which she played the role of “Ophelia”.
- Barsa Siwakoti: The natural beauty, Barsa Siwakoti, began her career in Nepali movies with the super hit Nepali movie “Nai Navannu la- 2”. Although her role was short in the movie, her acting skills have been praised highly. She has worked in numerous Nepali music videos.
- Menuka Pradhan: A known name in the Nepali movie industry, Menuka Pradhan made her debut in the Nepali movie industry with the movie “Ek din Ek Raat” in 2011. She has worked in numerous movies and music videos. Her acting skills are loved and praised by the audiences and critics. Some of her movies include Visa Girl, Resham Filili, Bhairav, Gajalu, Purano Dunga etc. Her music video “Saili” has gained massive popularity which depicts the life of Nepali youths in foreign country.
- Richa Sharma: The actress started her journey in Nepali movie industry with the movie “first love” in 2010. She is popular for her acting skills and diverse roles in the movies. The most successful box office movie of 2012 proved to be a turning point in her movie career. She has played in various movies. Her role in “Talkjung vs Tulke” (2014) was a strong one and it was a critically acclaimed movie as well.
- Keki Adhikari: Keki Adhikari is a well known Nepali actress in the industry who debuted with the movie “Swor” in 2010. She has earned a wide recognition for her performances in her movies like I Am Sorry, Masan, Mayako Barima, Mahasus, Biteka Pal and Mero Best Friend.
- Rekha Thapa: Rekha Thapa is not only a popular actor but also a filmmaker. She debuted in the Nepali movie industry with the movie “Hero” in 2000. Since then, she has played in numerous movies. She is popular in the industry for her glamorous and bold role in the movies.
- Deepashree Niroula: Though she is known mostly for her comedian performance in the Nepali serial “Tito Satya”, she played as a lead actress in the movie “Woda Number 6”. She is also the director of one of the highest grossing Nepali comedy movie “Chakka Panja”.