- 1 Criteria for .com.np domain registration
- 2 Mercantile Domain Registration Guide
Merchantile provides .com.np domain registration service for free. It is easy to register .np domain. If you need a personal domain, you can get .com.np domain. If you have an organisation, you can get .org.np. If you need domain for school in Nepal, you can get .edu.np. It depends upon your business structure.
The most essential component about a domain name registration is that it offers you an identification and person. Domain name registration is crucial for an electronic mail, website or internet service.
Domain name registration is reserving a table in a restaurant but you don’t want others to use your table until you’re done with it. The same way its reserving title on the Internet for a certain period, generally one year.
Once you register a domain name, the data about its proprietor is publicly available. It is vital to be aware that domain is temporary and is needed to be renewed over time.
Domain name is usually 2-3 characters separated by a period that points to a particular computer network such as the internet. It is a set according to the standard DNS (Domain Name System). DNS is the address book of the internet and domain names operate under it. In the DNS structure, Top Level Domains (TLD) are at the highest level. It also has different types. Among its types is ccTLD (country code Top Level Domain). ccTLD consists of 2 letters set for particular geographical location. For example: .np is for Nepal, .au is for Australia. The next type is gTLD (generic Top Level Domain) whose examples are .com, .net, .biz, .org, .info, etc. Free .com.np domain, Internet ccTLD of Nepal was introduced in 1995. Registration service for the .np domain is provided free of charge by Mercantile Communication Pvt. Ltd.
Criteria for .com.np domain registration
For .np domain registration, there are two criteria which must be fulfilled by you:
- Local presence: You must be in Nepal when you are registering for the domain.
- Name: The domain name must be directly linked to your name if it is for personal use and must be based on the name of company, organisation or brand names if it is for the business use.
Step by Step process to register free com.np domain name in Nepal
The registration process is amended now and is easier too. To register for the .np domain, just follow the following steps:
- Go to your browser and go to register.com.np which is Nepal’s official page for .np domain registration.
- You will then see empty fields which need to be filled as per your information.
- You will have to provide information regarding the domain name, full name, e-mail address, contact number, address, and primary and secondary name server. You will have no problem providing this information. For the domain name, use your name or the company’s name. Provide your full address in the respective field. Primary and secondary name server is required so that you can host your web page in WWW (World Wide Web). There are many free web hosting services that you can find. You can use their primary and secondary name servers. If you are confused, just enter NS01.000WEBHOST.com in the primary name server and NS02.000WEBHOST.com in the secondary name server. 000Webhost is the company that has been providing free web hosting services and is very popular as well.
- Then you will have to upload a file for the verification. The size must be <800 KB. So, you should have a scanned copy of your required documents beforehand. For personal domain, you can use your citizenship card, license card or passport. For organisation domain, you should have documents regarding registration of the company/organisation, citizenship and application for requesting domain in the company’s letter pad.
- After you have uploaded all the required documentation, click on request.
- A new dialogue box opens, written Success= Thank you for requesting domain name.
- It takes a few days to activate the domain name. You will be sent a mail to your email address via Mercantile to let you know if your domain is approved or not.
Mercantile Domain Registration Guide
Mercantile Domain Registration is a domain registration service for Nepal. The services includes DNS pointing, booking renewal, transfer etc.
Guide with Screenshot for Mercantile Free Domain Registration
After clicking on request domain and all your information and file have been accepted. You have now requested domain. Follow the instruction.
You have now completed your registration.
Quick Summary to register com.np domain in Nepal
This is a quick guide on how to register .com.np domain in Nepal.
Previously, you need to send a written application for domain registration. Now, mercantile has made the process flexible. You can do everything online. You can choose your domain name and the process starts.
- First you need to go to https://register.com.np/. It is the official website where you can register .com.np domain name.
- Select your domain. If you need personal domain, you need to have domain like yourname.com.np.
- If you have an organisation, you need to have domain like yourorganisationname.com.np.
Application for com.np domain registration
You need to write application, provide copy of your citizenship to hostmaster.
If you have an organisation, you need to provide official document of registration of your company/business.
If you have an organisation, you need to write application on the official letter pad of your company.
You need to provide nameservers while registering the domain name.
The process is too easy. If you find any difficulty on domain registration, you can jot it down on the comment section below. We will try to help you.
This is a format only. You can use any format to write application letter for com.np domain registration. In the above format Your Domain Name is yourdomainname.com.np.